Manager, Brand Marketing
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Manager, Brand Marketing.
This Manager will helps develop and lead seasonal marketing planning and strategy for the Kitchen and Entertaining categories, as well as DE&I initiatives, collaborations, and promotions. In addition, this role plays a critical role in creating seasonal content angles and managing execution that unleashes strong new customer growth as well as retention of current customers.
What you'll do...
- Serve as the Brand Manager and Content Strategist for Crate and Barrel annual, seasonal, and supplemental content planning across the kitchen and entertaining categories.
- Manage the marketing content strategy including the editorial planning calendar that informs channel marketing and cross channel asset development process.
- Manage marketing non-working (content and partnerships) budget to drive the Crate and Barrel business and track progress against those plans.
- Lead the development of sound strategic communication plans based on clear understandings of the objectives.
- Lead cross functional teams across Marketing, Creative, Media and Ecommerce to ensure our brand message is being communicated clearly and effectively across all channels to our consumers.
- Oversee merchandise and vendor promotions communications strategy in strong partnership with Planning and Merchandising to lead cross functional teams across Marketing, Creative, Media, Stores and Ecommerce to ensure messaging is clear to consumers and supports the business strategy.
- Lead content briefings including developing the brief, inspiring great work and keeping the team on time and on budget. Oversee creative development of all marketing materials to support relevant marketing.
- Analyze data, both internal and external, to determine areas of improvement in order to grow market share.
- Research competitive programs and marketing initiatives.
- Partner with the ecommerce team to create online customer experiences that provide the best branded shopping experience.
- Partner with merchants to ensure product assortment serves the needs of our customer, and to identify opportunities to promote specific product for our various segments.
- Understand customer needs and trends for Crate and Barrel segments in order to develop long-term customer relationships.
- Build strong relationships with branded vendors in the kitchen and entertaining categories to drive collaborative marketing planning and execution.
- Manage one direct report.
- Lead and maintain execution oversight for relevant virtual and in-personal events pertaining to the kitchen and entertaining categories.
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience required
- Minimum of 4 years previous marketing and/or retail experience
- Strong experience brainstorming and developing creative, breakthrough content strategies and ability to develop strong consumer lead strategies for our core businesses
- Exceptional strategic and metrics-driven analytical skills at both the micro and macro levels
- Strong experience managing a marketing vehicle such as digital media, ecommerce, or social media
- Demonstrate strong command of media and broader advertising research resources, capabilities and limitations
- Ability to internalize category product data and functionality
- Understand customer needs and trends for customer segments in order to develop long-term customer relationships
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to simplify and structure complex and ambiguous problems
- Collaborate and work effectively across functions; Influence and achieve consensus on goals and objectives
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- Ability to present complicated material in a concise and effective way