Manager, Accounts Payable
Manages and oversees all activities of the Accounts Payable function for Godiva North America. Ensures timely payment of vendor invoices while maintaining accurate records and enforcing Company policy and internal controls. Responsible for the supervision and development of a staff of three (3) full-time direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices while adhering to internal controls and policies.
- Execute weekly check run processing.
- Collaborate with Treasury and Procurement partners to manage vendor payments.
- Report and project AP balances, including metrics around working capital and DPO.
- Provide monthly account reconciliations and quarterly reports as required, as well as be key liaison with external auditors on AP analysis.
- Daily and Monthly reconciliation of the AP subledger to General Ledger. Research and resolve any discrepancies.
- Active management of AP portfolio to include processing invoices for payment
- Review and reconcile AP batches and ensure accurate posting to the general ledger.
- Drive efficiency initiatives pertaining to AP function.
- Oversee the transition of vendor payment from paper checks to electronic pay types.
- Prepare all 1099-MISC filings
- Identify and implement improvements to accounts payable processes.
- Participate in transition to new ERP system
- Set objectives for the AP team that align with the Department’s and Company’s goals.
- Develop and manage staff to support current and future business activities
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Years of relevant experience: 5 - 7 years
- Supervisory experience: minimum of 3 years
- Good communication skills
- Analytical/problem solving skills
- Experience with automated/electronic payables platform
- Integrated system knowledge and understanding
- Strong attention to details
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel skills at an intermediate level, including V - lookups and pivot table creation.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines; Ability to adjust priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Payroll payment processing a plus
- ERP implementation a plus
Godiva and affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.