The Maintenance Manager builds and maintains the outstanding preventative maintenance program that drives cost savings, uptime and efficiency while keeping costs and investment as low as possible.
This individual is a cross functional leader, collaborating with Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, and Operations to build and elite maintenance processes that drive growth, profitability and innovation.
This job is for you if...
- You have extensive engineering and maintenance experience spanning design through to engineering, installation and ongoing preventative maintenance
- You love a challenge and taking something nascent and imposing order
- You have built a maintenance department and have crafted and implemented procedures in a production department
- You are a true standout colleague, you lead the result of your work but are willing to jump in and assist your teammates as vital
- You strive to be the best at what you do and who you are
- You have integrity and put it into action
- You are hardworking, yet supportive, you can get your point across even when it’s a tough one in a way that can be heard
- You don’t play politics and office games to get ahead
- We are looking for a leader and have a way with people!
- You like to play on a winning team
As Kiva's Maintenance Manager, you will...
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Troubleshoot and make repairs on facility and equipment to keep the production line flowing.
- Perform maintenance duties as advised by Director of Operations and as shown on the preventative maintenance schedule and from the results of periodic inspections
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Perform janitorial maintenance and cleaning and minor building repairs.
- Report on equipment, parts, and supplies inventory by checking stock to resolve inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Take repair requests from production and packaging workers, complete repair requests and logs into tracking system.
- Prepare maintenance reports by collecting, and summarizing information and trends and submit to Director of Operations.
- Log repair, maintenance and diagnostic activities in weekly journal. Review maintenance logs weekly to determine preventative maintenance activities for the week.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by staying in sync with procedures, rules, and regulations for both general safety and food safety, quality and legality.
- Assist with the development of standard operating procedures for new product and process introductions including pre and post-launch testing
- Participate and support the Kiva’s food safety, quality assurance program
What we're looking for...
- Strong skills in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and general troubleshooting.
- Ability to read and understand manuals, SOPs, blueprints, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic diagrams.
- Ability to work to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and learn maintenance software program (CAMS).
- Ability to define problems, make recommendations and draw conclusions.
- Good communication, facilitation, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple issues and projects
- Ability to operate forklift, powered pallet jack and pallet jack
- Strong digital literacy, able to use various computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow safety rules and work safely
- Ability to work efficiently alone and as a member of a team
- Exhibit a high sense of personal integrity and high personal standards of performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Preferred
- California Driver’s license Class C with record acceptable to Company insurance provider
- 10+yrs Plant Maintenance experience with a focus on CPG
- Capital Projects
- Develop Training for Resources, Techs, and Apprentices
- Monitor expenses and control budget for Maintenance
- Develop and drive Preventive Maintenance activities to drive equipment uptime
- Establish clear performance and behavior expectations
- OEE experience and development
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.