The Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning, organizing, developing, and executing the overall maintenance requirements and maintaining proper environments of the cultivation and processing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOP), as well as delegating responsibilities and training personnel in the execution of assigned work in accordance with established SOP.
- Ensure proper performance and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems within the building.
- Ensure proper performance, maintenance, and operation of all cultivation and processing equipment.
- Troubleshoot minor maintenance issues involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair/replacement.
- Be a hands-on leader while assisting in the completion of the PM program as well as the troubleshooting, repair and general maintenance work on the facilities, equipment and grounds.
- Perform preventive maintenance on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis—including inspecting belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, greasing bearings, etc.
- Provide coverage for the boiler, HVAC, and facility mechanical systems.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance.
- Maintain record of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of CMMS for the maintenance department and act as point of contact for CMMS administration for assigned location.
- Ensure all custodial functions associated with cleaning and maintaining the building both inside and outside.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, safety and security and ensure all required documentation is maintained accordingly.
- Manage outside contractors for determined outside facilities and equipment.
- Assist in the periodic review and negotiation of service agreements with outside contractors.
- Coordinate operations and schedules of personnel.
- Interview, hire, and train personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- 5 year(s) of facility and equipment maintenance experience required.
- 2 year(s) of maintenance leadership experience required.
- General knowledge of electrical, HVAC, and/or plumbing required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to successfully register with the state’s cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must be able to comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, facility management, or relevant major preferred.
- Certification in electrical, HVAC, and/or plumbing preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 50 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.