This role is critical to the company’s continued growth and drive toward being the best operational company in the cannabis industry. Reporting to the Facility Operations Director for the facility to which he/she is assigned, the Maintenance Manager will work to oversee access, security, maintenance and services of the cultivation and processing facility to ensure optimum facility operation on a daily basis that provides for the work needs of the organization and its employees. In coordination with the Director of Maintenance and the Facility Operations Director for their assigned facility, the Maintenance Manager plans, implements, coordinates and manages all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs within their assigned production facility.
- Manages the building's operational accounts and assists in development of operating and capital budgets both for their assigned facility as well as shared or company-wide systems, equipment or programs.
- Assists in operations and maintenance issues, troubleshooting and problem solving as required.
- Recommends and implements improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis, maintains updated/current manuals from systems manufacturers. Develops/maintains effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and technicians. Oversees all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues and must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
- Maintains on-going communication with facility management team and vendors; participates in facility management team meetings as required by the Facility Manager
- May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts, especially as they relate to their assigned facility. Coordinates development and maintenance of as-built drawings.
- Responds to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc. and facility team concerns.
- Implements and administers inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
- Develops specifications and assists in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts.
- Establishes and monitors programs to ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency and company directives as they relate to building operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Physical Requirements of the Job: LIGHT OFFICE LIFTING. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (up to about 120 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching. Ability to tolerate moderate to loud exposure to noise level. Exposure to long periods of bright lights. Long periods of prolonged use of office equipment including computers and phones.
Regulations require that incumbent be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain state marijuana work credentials.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Engineering or related discipline from four-year college or university and a minimum of four years’ experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and understanding of all applicable practices and techniques, laws, project controls and environmental regulations to include safety regulations.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working within complex organizations, leading teams of indivdiuals from disparate backgrounds and education levels
- Demonstrated experience developing cost benefit analysis business models to justify expenditures of capital for equipment, building improvements, systems implementations, headcount changes, etc.
- Experience reviewing and understanding architectural plans for buildings and facilities including placement of power, networking, and other key areas with respect to the installation of packaging equipment and machinery in a manufacturing plant
- Ability to understand and discuss architectural plans with construction and architectural consultants and contractors
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Universal CFC certification required
- Additional certification in three or more of the following: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair
- Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills, especially with documentation, time management, and resource coordination
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven efficiency and ability to prioritize and manage time and tasks for self and others
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to initiate and follow through on work independently
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Proven problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify exist or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Strong ethics and sound judgment
Holistic Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.