Machine Learning Engineer
Surfside is an end-to-end marketing technology that has built a first of its kind data activation and customer acquisition platform that provides brands and retailers the ability to manage, enrich and activate all of their customer data in order to increase awareness, traffic, and ultimately sales.
We partner with many of the leading brands, retailers, and advertisers across Direct-to-Consumer Cannabis, Healthcare, and their adjacent industries. Our success is driving organic growth and we are looking for innovative, action-oriented professionals with the desire and initiative to make a major impact on the business. The work environment is collaborative, fast-paced and team-driven.
The Machine Learning Engineer will be responsible for developing the brain of the Surfside communication and personalization platform. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be working with a team of Data Engineers in order to build out our next-generation platform. You will be utilizing cutting edge technologies such as Spark MLLib, Tensorflow, and similar to build the required ML pipelines to enhance our customer's experience.
About the role:
- Build & maintain production ready ML pipelines
- Build & maintain a production-ready experimentation platform to run models in parallel and A/B test
- Prepare and preprocess data in collaboration with the data engineering team
- At least 3 years of Machine Learning experience
- Advanced Degree in computer science, math, statistics or a related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Background in Machine Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, SparkML or Keras
- Proficiency in Scala, Python or an equivalent modern language
- Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts like Natural Language Processing, Image Processing, Recommendation Systems, etc.
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics, and algorithms
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, health, medical and dental benefits, snacks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun, hosting office lunches, offsite team outings, and are currently planning our inaugural annual company retreat.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
Surfside is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We encourage and welcome you to apply irrespective of age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.