The Logistics Specialist for GTI will be responsible for booking, scheduling and tracking freight for inbound deliveries, coordinating intercompany transfers, and managing supplier performance. This role will be critical to ensure products and services are delivered to our production locations on time, while optimizing our overall transportation strategy.
- Manage the scheduling, documentation, preparation, tracking, and distribution of all LTL and FTL shipments.
- Determines shipping method for material using knowledge of shipping procedures and rates.
- Works closely with Production Sites and the planning teams to meet objectives and address service-related issues.
- Ensure that shipments are picked up on time each day and that carriers have all of the information regarding the scheduled pickups to make them successful (BOL’s, hazmat documents, etc.)
- Monitors status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication, and mitigation of future potential problems.
- Works with carrier representatives to rectify problems such as damage, shortages, nonconformance to specifications, and handle transportation claims.
- Manage carrier performance and score-carding.
- Analyze data for trends and present opportunities for improvement to leadership.
- Acts as the point-of contact and subject matter expert on logistics and shipping.
- Ability to create or update written procedures with site operations personnel.
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance GTI’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Identifies strategic opportunities which result in cost savings, areas for efficiency and opportunities for Procurement team.
- Works closely with the accounting team to ensure vendor billing is correct and terms & conditions are adhered to.
- Follows procurement strategies, policies and procedures as defined by the leadership team, develops a comprehensive understanding of the business and user requirements for assigned spend categories.
- Manage and maintain a company culture consistent with the culture established at GTI corporate of accountability, transparency, and enjoyment.
- Ability to work on ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Acknowledge, manage, and respond to all queries, expedite requests within 24 hours of receipt.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field: business, supply chain, materials management, customs brokerage.
- 3+ years knowledge of shipping, logistics, claim resolution, and carrier performance metrics.
- Persistent drive for results utilizing sound project management, as well as organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make sound business judgments related to strategic supply philosophies and initiatives
- Hands-on expertise developing and implementing programs for cost reduction, supplier performance management and inventory reduction.
- A Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense, and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry