The Pactiv Evergreen Warehouse Optimization Manager work may be internal or external, although majority of their time will be inside a warehouse or office setting, the candidate will be responsible for extracting maximum efficiency from the company’s logistics technology and automation to optimize order fulfillment activities. The Warehouse Optimization Manager will generally work a first-shift, 40-hour a week schedule, though there may be some call to work more unusual and long hours due to the 24-hour nature of Pactiv Evergreen’s warehouse and manufacturing environment. The Warehouse Optimization Manager will report to the Supply Chain Optimization Director, and be a partner to the business that they support. Project management skills are required, as they will often be required to work on several improvement projects simultaneously, with very disparate groups of people within the organization.
- Drive the improvement of processes and systems in Pactiv and implement programs that will have continuing long-term benefits.
- Develop plans, schedules, and budgets for projects to improve existing processes.
- Supervise and direct the work of facilities Warehouse Optimization staff.
- Monitor existing processes to make sure they continue to perform at optimal levels of efficiency.
- Directs and facilitates Warehouse Optimization Activities: The ongoing lean improvement process with techniques such as Kaizen.
- Improvement orientation and training: Provide training for teammates and ensures that the responsibilities are defined and understood and oversees the lean projects. Teach others to lead improvement efforts, including training on effective tools for successful project leadership.
- Identify ongoing lean improvement: Identify training needs and assist with developing and implementing the required training.
- Metrics Definition and Development: Establish metrics to monitor financial savings as compared to established goals and targets.
- Act as the subject matter expert in all core modules and enhanced functionality to include cross docking, directed work/interleaving and automation integration.
- Conduct weekly and monthly presentations to group leaders and Warehouse Optimization leadership appraising overall site readiness levels and capabilities.
- Ensure facilities are equipped with standard work and trained to operate with a multitude of technologies and business process changes.
- Drive and administer PEPS (Pactiv Evergreen Production System)
- Train the trainer and build site SME & Deployment team to qualified status in 12 months.
- Bridge the gap between technical and operational teams, executing a range of optimization solutions that move operations beyond current state to the next level of efficiency.
Bachelor's degree in a field related to business, logistics, industrial engineering or packaging industry.
5+ years previous distribution center operations or related supply chain experience is preferred. Candidate must exhibit a highly analytical skillset. Experience working with JDA WMS/Red Prairie and a Labor Management System background is also preferred.