Reporting to the GM, Operations, the Logistics Manager is responsible for developing and managing all successful direct-to-consumer delivery in our East Coast regions. This role requires a strong self-starter with real-world working experience in fulfillment, departmental, and people management. The Logistics Manager oversees the final touch point between our team and our customers, so a passion for customer service is a must, including hands-on leadership and a dedicated pursuit of improvement.
The Logistics Manager will get the chance to build, train, and develop a team including Supervisors, Dispatchers and Delivery Drivers. We are expanding rapidly, and the person in this role will contribute directly to defining and executing our path forward and our future success as a company. Additionally, this person will be based out of our Burlington NJ facility in collaboration with cross-functional business partners to ensure alignment of expectations and initiation of new protocols. As Thistle grows, there will be additional opportunities for growth and further responsibilities.
Who You Are:
You are a confident communicator and excel at solving problems in real-time. You understand how to work with many different personalities. You strive to foster a positive and inclusive work environment. You ask questions and dig deep to find the answers you are looking for. You take information and make informed decisions. You are always looking for opportunities to improve. You are looking for a challenge!
What You’ll Do:
- Strategically plan and manage the East Coast Logistics team and functions, ensuring successful operations
- Work in collaboration with the Production and Warehouse teams to ensure continuous process improvement and success in all Logistics departmental functions including delivery windows and fulfillment
- Manage timesheets, reimbursements, report cards, and related data required for accurate payroll for regional delivery drivers
- Monitor that all documentation including spreadsheets and databases are up to date with accurate information
- Work in collaboration with Talent Acquisition and People Operations to facilitate recruitment processes, onboarding, and orientation for new team members with a focus on retention
- Develop and coach departmental Dispatchers and Logistics Supervisors to continuously improve team performance
- Reinforce structure to the East Coast team by helping to identify and establish new SOP’s and key metrics
- Remain in compliance with all SOPs and regulations to ensure operational success
- Identify equipment and team needs, and ensure quick communication to escalate and solve
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost
- Collaborate with business partners in the Operations team including Warehouse and Production departments to ensure the successful delivery of products
- Must be willing to get your hands dirty, work alongside the team, and prioritize against tight deadlines
Safety & Job Standards
- Maintain and adhere to COVID-19 Policy compliance
- Maintain and adhere to OSHA and Food Safety compliance
- Provide real-time feedback to all direct reports on a consistent basis
- Commit to workplace safety and ensuring safe business practices for employees and customers
- Foster an inclusive and respectful work environment for employees and customers, and promptly works to resolve any issues in collaboration with People Operations
- Engage in respectful and positive communication organizational-wide
- Create a growth-oriented workplace where all staff are set up to succeed and grow individually as well as feel empowered to improve the overall operations of the company
- Promote a 100% mentality, building a team that is focused on continuous improvement in both process and outcome
- Must be willing to embrace change and provide insight regarding new processes. You will be empowered to bring new innovative concepts to life on an ongoing basis!
- This is a "hands-on” role and will require a physical presence in the field while continuously maintaining a tight understanding and direct accountability for the status of logistical operations in all geographical areas for the East Coast region
- The schedule will be dictated by the needs of the team and operations; expect to work nights and weekends
- Comfortability with a physically demanding position; Able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach and willing to work in a refrigerated environment(35-40 degrees)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 2+ years of related Logistics management experience, ideally with working knowledge of last-mile delivery operations
- Experience with and understanding of company expansion efforts from a holistic growth perspective preferred
- A tech-savvy approach and comfortability and proficiency using multiple platforms including G-Suite, Slack, Dispatch &Routing Software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; must be a team player and interested in continuously developing leadership skills
- A dynamic personality & maintains grace under pressure
- Basic mechanical skills to make emergency repairs and/or manage maintenance of facilities
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and communication skills
- A deadline driven approach while maintaining attention to detail and quality of service
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You can get some deeper insight into how we approach DEI, along with some statistics on the internal demographics of the company and leadership team, here: https://www.thistle.co/learn/thistle-thoughts/thistle-on-diversity-equity-and-inclusion.