The primary focus of Logistics Lead is to properly prepare, distribute, and receive all cannabis and non-cannabis items. This role is responsible for delivering cannabis and non-cannabis items to retail locations. Distribution Technicians will also assist in the receiving and verifying all shipments that arrive at the facility. Individuals in this role must pay attention to detail, follow directions, problem-solve, work independently and be an adaptable team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that storage and quarantine areas are kept according to relevant SOPs
- Maintain target inventory levels, equal to a three-week supply, at all dispensaries
- Perform inventory audits in compliance with all applicable SOPs
- Determine quantities for and assist with the preparation of outgoing inventory
- Prepare inventory in accordance with company policy
- Verify that prepared inventory is correct by checking product descriptions, quantities, and lot numbers
- Ensure 100% traceability from materials to receival to transfer
- Maintain assigned vehicles, perform vehicle checks, and report any damage or necessary repairs
- Assist in the breakdown of pallets and organization of shipping containers
- Must maintain a clean and organized working space
- Warehouse or inventory preparation experience preferred
- Delivery experience preferred
- Must meet age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies
- Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies
- Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1 year expirience in a Logistics/distribution setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer Obsessed - Dedicated to creating a remarkable experience for both internal and external customers; builds rapport and maintains meaningful and effective relationships creating trustful, authentic connections; viewed as a good listener and is easy to approach and talk to and is often in the know early in any given situation.
- Adaptable/Flexible - Effectively manages change and adjusts comfortably to new people and processes; drives forward in uncertainty and remains calm, focused and on task in pressure situation by seeking understanding and resolve to deliver a remarkable experience; multi-tasks and handles risk, ambiguity and stress well while remaining positive in resistance; bounces back quickly from challenging situations; asks for help when needed and stays focused on being a force for good.
- Priority Setting - Invests their time and others’ on what's important to deliver business results; quickly and effectively collaborates bringing together the collective intelligence of critical team members and prioritizes what needs to be done to reach the goal; quickly senses opportunities and obstacles in accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks and creates focus that drives success and results.
- No direct reports, but leads project teams
Work is performed in several locations that include a cannabis cultivation and production facility. The working area may be odorous at times and loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between cold and warm temperatures. It involves frequent contact with staff. Work may include dealing with law enforcement and occasional State inspectors. May be asked to occasionally travel to locations outside of AYR’s network.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
AYR Wellness is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans’ status.