Who We Are
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
As the company expands into Physical Retail, the Visual Merchandising team strives to create an in-store merchandising experience that brings each brand to life distinctly to engage and delight customers.
In order to effectively build scalable visual platform capabilities for initial stores, Wayfair’s Physical Retail team is seeking a dynamic, experienced Logistics Lead to execute the operations and logistics of the Retail Labs, a new testing facility that will help enable the physical retail agenda. The Retail Lab Logistics Lead will be an integral part of the Visual Merchandising team that will develop and implement the playbook to stand up and scale stores in North America for the Specialty Brands (All Modern, Joss & Main, and Birch Lane.) This role is based in Norton, MA and will report directly to the Retail Lab Manager.
What You’ll Do
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work effectively with the Retail Lab manager to support all facility operations.
- Coordinate proper movement of product throughout the facility including, but not limited to receiving, processing, assembling, storage, etc.
- Delegate and assign tasks and targets while continually assessing the needs and performance of contract employees.
- Organize and conduct necessary training activities for the staff and workers.
- Maintain effective organizational standards across all zones.
- Assist visual team in redesigning mock space to support seasonal refresh.
- Adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures ensuring the proper functioning and safe operations of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Secure receiving facility at night
- Proactively manage workflow beyond assignments
- Build acumen related to Retail Lab logistics and facilities becoming a credible expert
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience in product distribution/receiving/retail operations management
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL).
- Working understanding of Warehouse Management System and proficiency in Google Docs
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities.
- Strong decision-making skills to effectively manage time and find resolutions
- Must be comfortable repeatedly lifting up to 75 pounds unassisted and maneuvering product 150+ pounds unassisted or via team lift.
- Able to read and comprehend English to ensure your safety and the safety of those working around you.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.