AYR Wellness is looking for a Logistics Driver. This role will report to the Logistics Manager as part of the AYR Wellness Logistics Team. They will ensure the safe and secure delivery of AYR products via company delivery vehicle to both AYR locations and wholesale locations throughout the state.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes secure/monitored deliveries from the cultivation facility to AYR dispensaries and other AYR customer locations.
- Ensures safety practices are used when driving AYR company vehicles.
- Inspects AYR delivery vehicles before deliveries ensuring vehicle are safe for deliveries.
- Ensuring valid inspection sticker and vehicle registration paperwork is up to date and in delivery vehicles.
- Brings vehicles to repair locations when maintenance issues arise such as brake jobs, new tires, oil changes, windshield wiper blades, inspections, etc.
- Maintain vehicles to operational standard - insure vacuumed, washed, and other incidentals
- Maintain fuel levels – at least ½ tank and assure that they are fueled for the next day.
- Must be able to understand road maps related to the state highways and roads.
- Become familiar with MJ and Leaf Logics programs to understand the delivery Manifest.
- Safe and secure handling of customer received payment checks during deliveries.
- In down time, report to Packaging or Fulfilment for assignment.
- Perform and participate in additional projects and priorities as needed.
- Assists in fostering a positive work environment, treating everyone with dignity and respect while perpetuating a curiosity for “everything cannabis”.
- Must be dependable, professional, and confident. And be able to follow instructions and respond to management direction
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Must be 25 years of age or older with 6 years of satisfactory driving history (driving/insurance requirements)
- Must meet age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies
- Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies
- Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1-3 years delivery/courier experience required
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude)
- Customer Obsessed - Dedicated to creating a remarkable experience for both internal and external customers; builds rapport and maintains meaningful and effective relationships creating trustful, authentic connections; viewed as a good listener and is easy to approach and talk to and is often in the know early in any given situation.
- Adaptable/Flexible - Effectively manages change and adjusts comfortably to new people and processes; drives forward in uncertainty and remains calm, focused and on task in pressure situation by seeking understanding and resolve to deliver a remarkable experience; multi-tasks and handles risk, ambiguity and stress well while remaining positive in resistance; bounces back quickly from challenging situations; asks for help when needed and stays focused on being a force for good.
- Priority Setting - Invests their time and others’ on what's important to deliver business results; quickly and effectively collaborates bringing together the collective intelligence of critical team members and prioritizes what needs to be done to reach the goal; quickly senses opportunities and obstacles in accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks and creates focus that drives success and results.
- No direct reports
This person may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals, and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree. This person will be traveling between dispensaries and manufacturing facilities within AYR Wellness.
- Sitting, standing, and walking motion/movement will be required
- Lifting or moving items up to 50 pounds may be required
- Driving/operating a delivery vehicle and delivering packages between facilities is required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
AYR Wellness is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans’ status.