Seal Beach, CA
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The world's leading aerospace company is seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join Enterprise Services and Sustainability Law Group in our Seattle, WA or Seal Beach, CA location.
The Sustainability and Enterprise Services Law Group consists of twelve attorneys and a team of paralegals who handle a wide range of matters for internal Boeing clients, including environmental remediation litigation, client counseling on environmental legal requirements, environmental initiatives related to the reduction of energy and water use and recycling of manufacturing materials, legislation, and rulemaking.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding people skills and the ability to work with a wide range of personalities and practice groups via telephone, e-mail, and in-person contact, be a team player, and have a combination of persistence and an ability to navigate through multiple layers of a complex organization like Boeing. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to exercise sound judgment, experience with a high-volume caseload, and a desire to keep learning in an ever-changing environment.
- Manage and respond to litigation discovery requests, including performing document reviews for responsiveness, privilege, and other confidentiality issues; summarizing document requests; coordinating due diligence within the Boeing company; preparing documents for production to external and opposing parties (in many cases without assistance from outside counsel); and communicating findings succinctly and effectively to Boeing lawyers and outside counsel
- Work with electronic document management systems, including Concordance and Relativity databases
- Locate hardcopy files in storage and in custodians’ possession and direct outside vendors to convert the materials into the appropriate format for in-house, outside counsel, or third party hosting vendor systems
- Identify, review, and summarize factual historical data, and provide substantive answers to attorneys’ questions
- Set up databases through coding or other means that enable searching, reviewing, and document recall to be done seamlessly and quickly by any member of the litigation team
- Oversee and maintain existing legal holds as well as draft new legal holds (assess what document types are potentially relevant to the matter and determine which business units and custodians hold such documents)
- Summarize and communicate custodians’ duties to them or to their managers, as well as answer questions about those duties
- Research complex legal questions, identify the key issues, analyze those issues, and communicate the results orally and in a well-organized and clear memo
- Oversee reporting on environmental financial assurance matters
- Review applicable financial assurance laws and apply the legal requirements to internal finance team questions
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- A minimum of five (5) years of litigation experience in either a law firm or corporate law department
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working with Microsoft Office Applications
- Use of a personal vehicle to travel for business reasons
- Capable of lifting, pushing and pulling up to 35 pounds
- Experience conducting legal research using Lexis/Nexis and/or Westlaw
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited university
- Experience collecting documents and managing productions, including e-discovery
- Experience in the aerospace industry
- Environmental litigation experience
- Lead trial Paralegal experience
- Experience with Exterro Fusion and Iron Mountain
- Concordance or Relativity experience
- Proficiency drafting and managing legal holds
Typical Education & Experience:
High school diploma or GED and typically 7 or more years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award