Licensing Compliance Administrator
What you will do:
Under general supervision of the Licensing Administration Manager for Johnson Controls, this position is responsible for providing administrative and licensing compliance support to the Johnson Controls business entities and ensuring that all locations are compliant with licensing agencies’ requirements.
This position will complete state and local contractor and business licensing applications, correspond with governmental agencies and coordinate with other internal departments. In addition, this position will research rules and regulations to ensure licensing compliance.
How you will do it:
- By supporting the Operations Department and also supporting Legal Counsel as needed.
- Manages application process from completion to issuance of all state, county and city contractor and business licenses.
- Interprets various state, local, county regulations/codes for license compliance and monitors for changes /revisions to regulations/codes impacting contractor licensure. Reviews rules and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Supports the leadership team and business managers with addressing proper licensing compliance and troubleshoots with agencies over licensing compliance concerns.
- Serves as the point of contact between the company and governing licensing agencies and regulators.
- Supports the business with vendor registrations and requirements involving licensing.
- Supports special company projects when requested.
- Coordinates and secures bonds, insurance certifications, personal information of individuals for qualifier’s licenses, W9s, license fees, background checks and fingerprints of individual license holders and officers of company required for licensing.
- Corresponds with Accounts Payable team for check requests.
Additional Job Description
What we look for:
- Any combination of four (4) years of higher education and/or applicable work experience. Desired qualifications would include a minimum of an associate’s degree or certification in paralegal studies.
- In addition to the education/work experience requirement, a minimum of 2 years licensing or equivalent experience required.
- Unwavering integrity.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Organized and action oriented individual that is able to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to utilize computer technology, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills required.
- Committed to the team player approach.
- Maintain files of all documentation associated with licensing.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.