The Matian Firm is looking for a Legal Supervisor to join our growing Immigration team in Phoenix. The Legal Supervisor will work closely with the Legal Department Manager on legal updates, setting goals for the department, and streamlining policies and standard operating procedures across the department. You will report directly to the Legal Department Manager. The ideal candidate will have a legal knowledge of procedural requirements for different types of non-immigrant, and immigrant visas, and participate in all aspects of the Immigration practice. The Legal Supervisor will handle a small caseload of their own and address any problematic clients or client complaints.
- Oversee our team of paralegals and assist with assigning projects, organizing and prioritizing tasks, caseload, and workflow, and advise on conflict resolution, as needed
- Act as a liaison between attorneys, paralegals, and management ensuring projects are completed accurately and timely and resolve conflicts as needed
- Participate in all aspects of Immigration practice, including assisting in the management of
- client relationships, case review, analysis, preparation and filing non-immigrant petitions
- Address Client Complaints, this includes following the proper Compliant/Cancellation protocol established by the Firm
- Manage and monitor monthly reports for productivity and staffing needs
- Conduct weekly department team meetings to review priority cases and deadlines with the team
- Audit Paralegal productivity to ensure department performance and goals are meeting Firm standard
- Occasional casework with prior approval from Supervising or Managing Attorney
- A minimum of three to seven years of experience with immigration law
- Are Bilingual English/Spanish with high proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including good communication skills, listening skills and attitude
- Strong case management, legal research, and legal writing skills required
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to zealously pursue new and untested legal theories
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work under pressure required
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
Here at The Matian Firm, APC we offer medical, dental, and vision insurance. We have a great compensation package including a 401(k) plan. Some perks include catered lunches, complimentary parking, paid time off, and more! Come be apart of our growing firm and its opportunities for your career development. You will learn and develop alongside a team of professionals who aim to excel in the legal industry.
The Matian Firm, APC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We're dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.