This position will be responsible for supporting the new restaurant development pipeline by: performing certain administrative tasks; completing and submitting applications for non-alcohol licenses and permits for all Darden new restaurant openings; coordinating inspections, as required and tracking the issuance of licenses/permits; completing ad hoc license renewal assignments as determined by Sr. Director; and, completing special projects as directed.
The Legal Specialist will maintain active communications with his/her Sr. Director, his/her team members, key personnel within the Law and Development Departments, all levels of Operations, and additional personnel within RSC departments.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform administrative functions, such as create and maintain acquisition folders for all new restaurant openings; monitor Development database for date changes, new documentation to add to folders, etc.; create new Restaurant and License records in LicenseHQ; compile, scan and transmit license/permit submissions to governement agencies.
- Prepare accurate license/permit submissions for all tax, health, business, alarm, entertainment, fire, etc. licenses and permits for all new restaurant openings, coordinating with Sr. Paralegals, Development team personnel, Operations and other RSC departments as necessary.
- Coordinate inspections, as required, and follow up with agencies and restaurants to ensure licenses/permtis are issued and transmitted to Operations.
- Partner with Sr. Paralegals to compile and transmit new restaurant opening packages to Operations.
- Complete ad hoc license renewal assignments as business needs dictate.
- Maintain research, data and documentation contained in shared drives and LicenseHQ data repository.
- Complete special projects as directed by department leadership team.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Minimum 3 years direct experience interacting with regulatory agencies, with preference to those with experience in alcohol licensing or comparable regulated industries.
- High School Diploma
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly effective listening skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines with limited supervison or direction required.
- Ability to determine when it is necessary to bring a problem or issue to Sr. Paralegals or Sr. Director
- Proven analytical ability to recognize and creatively resolve problems without delay and to make decisions on critical issues with an in depth understanding of the risks involved
- Ability to coordinate and organize priorities to ensure accountabilities are performed timely and deadlines are met
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work effectively and professionally with co-workers, restaurant operators, members of other depts., and government agencies
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree preferred.