As a Legal Specialist located in Chicago, IL you will support the People Practice Group of the Law & Compliance team generally and provide administrative support to the Global People Practice Group Lead. You will be required to manage multiple confidential and time sensitive projects, while maintaining the day-to-day aspects of the job. Your passion for interpersonal relationships and accomplishing goals is a key ingredient to your success.
Our team is focused on support and relationships while keeping in mind the bigger picture for long term success. Not to mention, we all like snacks.
Kellogg is progressing toward unleashing our full potential by the end of 2023. After this portfolio transformation journey is complete, this role will support Kellanova, a leading company in global snacking, international cereal and noodles, plant-based foods, and North America frozen breakfast. Learn more about our bold next steps at UnleashingOurPotential.com.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Legal Process Support - You will provide support for sensitive legal processes such as immigration filings, employment disputes and agency charges, benefits plans appeals and committee meetings, investigations and other labor and employment law functions.
- Maintaining Records –you will Maintain records and track open projects and deadlines (investigations, trainings, litigation, charge). Staying organized, maintaining confidentiality, and managing your time will be key!
- Managing Administrative Operations - While supporting the People Practice Group Lead, you will be providing support in budgeting activities, calendar management, and file organization. Your attention to detail will be crucial!
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Associate’s Degree +10 years related experience or education.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; must be proficient in English.
- Experience working in Project Management, Labor Relations, Human Relations, Legal Studies, or as a Paralegal
- Having a Paralegal certificate or Project Management certification is an asset.
- Hybrid work from Downtown Chicago Office
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by a real recruiter – not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back with you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellogg interview.
If we can help you with a reasonable accommodation throughout the application or hiring process, please USA.Recruitment@kellogg.com.
This role takes part in Locate for Your Day, Kellogg’s hybrid way of working that empowers office-based employees to, in partnership with their managers, find a balance between working from home and the office.
Kellogg Company is a multibillion-dollar company with over 30 thousand employees all over the globe. We are proud to make delicious foods that people love – foods that you grew up with like Frosted Flakes, Cheez It, Eggo, Pop-Tarts, Crunchy Nut, Pringles, as well as innovative foods such as MorningStar Farms, RX bar, and Noodles. Our KValues and BetterDayscommitments are at the core of who we are, what we believe and what brings us together. We’re proud to say we’ve been awarded with Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies”, DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity”, Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces”, and many more awards that you can check out here.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion has been part of our DNA since the beginning. Clearly stated in our Code of Ethics “we have respect for individuals of all backgrounds, capability and opinions.” We believe that equity is more than leveling the playing field. It is making sure barriers, both tangible and intangible, are removed. Interested in the numbers? We hold ourselves accountable with our yearly Features report.
Kellogg is proud to offer industry competitive Total Health benefits (Physical, Financial, Emotional, and Social) that vary depending on region and type of role. Be sure to ask your recruiter for more information!
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment, a seat for everyone at the table, and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website here.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this link.
Let’s create the future of food