Legal Operations Specialist
WEBTOON is a world leader in digital entertainment with over 82 million unique monthly readers. We are a rapidly growing digital entertainment company and Story Tech platform with users and creators from all over the world. Every day we come ready to learn, contribute, and get excited about the opportunity to work alongside people of different backgrounds and work styles.
We are looking for a Legal Operations Specialist to assist with day-to-day contract and legal operations. We are looking for a highly organized team player with a growth mindset, who takes initiative, spots issues, anticipates challenges and keeps an eye on efficiency and scalability.
- Manage, assess, propose, implement, and optimize legal and contract lifecycle processes; includes technology, operations, tools, strategies, and best practices (e.g., databases, knowledge, and rights management tools, automation, etc.).
- Support legal operations and administrative responsibilities, including document translation processes, and related onboardings, trainings, etc.
- Manage, build, and improve systems that track outside counsel and other legal resource-related invoices/expenses.
- Prepare and present reports, including about status and expansion/improvement plans for legal tech and operations processes and optimization strategies; data related to contract and legal operations, and spend.
- Work with and align with internal stakeholders to streamline processes and workflows.
- Be a potential contact for, vet, and research external parties/vendors, as needed.
- Stay up to date on legal technology and operations trends and best practices.
- Assist in the maintenance of project, intake, and contract databases/management systems, which will include tasks such as organizing, filing, tracking, assigning, escalating, and tagging agreements and other documents.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Support other day-to-day business and legal affairs units and operations.
- BA/BS, 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience using DocuSign or comparable electronic signature platform or system
- Experience using Airtable or comparable project management software
- Experience using a contract repository / management software
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong emotional, social, and cultural intelligence; ability to build relationships in a professional, personable, and inclusive manner.
- A growth mindset and drive to think creatively and proactively with regard to strategy, workflow, risk, and problem-solving.
- Skilled in prioritizing and managing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Extra points but not required:
- Spanish language proficiency
- Experience or training in data analysis
- Cover Letter