Legal Operations Specialist
CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. Believing everyone deserves to participate in the new digital economy, the company operates one of the world’s largest networks of cryptocurrency ATMs — with over 4,000 active kiosks — as well as an over-the-counter trading desk. In 2022, CoinFlip became an international company by expanding into Canada, and launched CoinFlip Ventures, a new initiative designed to support start-up companies.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
CoinFlip’s Legal and Compliance Department is seeking a Legal Operations Specialist to join our team! This person would be a self-starter, with a strong work ethic to manage several crucial areas in the department. This person will focus on assisting with contract lifecycle management system (DocuSign), providing support for vendor management ebilling system (SimpleLegal), assisting with responding to subpoenas, and overall department support. Candidates should be organized, able to multitask, detail oriented, possess excellent communication skills and want to be part of an amazing team.
- Assist with uploading contracts, assist with administration of system, manage intake queue, obtain electronic signatures through Contract Lifecycle Management system (DocuSign)
- Review vendor invoices for compliance with billing guidelines, onboard and manage vendor relationships, assist with administration of e-billing software (SimpleLegal)
- Manage subpoenas responses from law enforcement, including authentication of subpoena, gathering responsive information from multiple systems, ensuring responses in a timely manner and maintaining the tracking system
- Preparation of correspondence, forms and experience in Adobe with converting documents to/from various programs
- Assist with logging and reporting information relating to correspondence with hosts.
- Prepare documents for mailing for department
- Assist with formatting documents through Word or Excel
- Must possess a minimum of 1- 2 years law firm or in-house legal related experience.
- Contract management and vendor management experience a plus
- Team player, excellent communication skills and interest in crypto currency and/or FinTech
- Software experience preferred: Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe, DocuSign (e signature and Contract Lifecycle Management), SimpleLegal (E-billing Software)
- Experience with Popsql and Pycharm a plus
- Paralegal certificate preferred, but not required
- This position description is a communication tool, does not guarantee employment, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Nice to Have:
- While not a hard requirement, experience with crypto based products and services is a plus
- Experience working for a rapidly growing startup, and managing change
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP." Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.