At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference – for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you’re a part of ADT Commercial, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in supporting ADT Commercial in legal disputes, governmental audits and inquiries, and subpoenas.
- Investigates and participates in the analysis of pre-litigation claims and assists in developing appropriate response strategies to efficiently resolve.
- Liaises between outside counsel, in-house counsel, and ADT Commercial team members in a timely and efficient manner to identify, gather, organize, and produce necessary information and data relating to litigation, claims, subpoenas, and other legal matters.
- Manages and updates litigation and employment matter databases; captures, reviews, and analyzes litigation department data for trends and/or operational anomalies; prepares or contributes to the preparation of litigation data reports.
- Reviews service of process of various legal documents for appropriate handling and distribution.
- Manages litigation support/e-discovery vendors and case projects.
- Assists outside counsel with discovery responses and coordinates witnesses.
- Assists VP & Deputy GC in preparing Board and leadership presentations and management reviews on litigation issues.
- Prepares for and coordinates quarterly reviews of litigation reserves.
- Prepares monthly litigation exposure reports for accounting department.
- Manages and monitors litigation hold process for both litigation and labor and employment matters.
- Assists department with outside counsel engagements and review of billing audits.
- Prepares financial analysis on litigation trends and spend for VP & Deputy GC.
- Liaises with IT on ediscovery issues and cases.
- Assists with preparing responses to telemarketing complaints and investigations.
- Assists VP & Deputy GC with budget preparation relating to outside counsel legal spend.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and paralegal degree/certificate, or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree in business preferred.
- 7+ years Litigation experience both in-house and law firm.
- Superior communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of MicroSoft Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using Serengeti/other matter management system.
- Strong relationship building skills, cross functional collaborative skills and interpersonal skills all required.
- Build strategic working relationships.
- Organizational agility.
- Superior organization skills and detail orientation.
- Customer focus.
- Sound written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Work well independently with limited direction.
ADT Commercial is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and existing employees and evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, color, religion, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.
View the EEO poster here.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision here.
View the E-Verify Posting here.
ADT Commercial is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability to search and apply for a career opportunity, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know your contact information and the nature of your request.