Legal Intern (Summer 2021)
General DynamicsPetersburg, FLa month ago
As a Legal intern with General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, you will help our lawyers, contracts or paralegal staff with tasks in research, handling legal documents and paperwork and learning about daily affairs in the legal field. This may also include assisting on project work. This internship is in-person at our St. Petersburg, FL location during the dates of May 17th to August 4th, 2021.
- Conduct legal research on a variety of topics including but not limited to employment law, contract law and case law involving outcomes.
- Preparing reports on findings from research.
- Handle paperwork, approvals and recommendations from the department lawyers and paralegals on any given number of legal matters within the department.
- Updating and keeping documentation in the prescribed format for government contracting requirements.
- Taking on assignments to ensure compliance with legal documentation, to include document requests or obtaining missing information.
- Assisting with legal projects.
- Assist in reviewing contracts to identify key provisions as a part of managing correct documentation.
- Preparing legal letters of request.
- May include note-taking, copying and data entry of legal information
- Must be currently enrolled or accepted into a 2-4 year accredited college or university or have graduated in the last 6 months. Preferably, enrolled as a Law Student.
- Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports or business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software.