Penske is seeking an intern who is a highly motivated and responsible law student to join our Legal Department in Reading, Pennsylvania. This person will be provided the opportunity to work with a sophisticated corporate legal team plus be exposed to some of the country’s most accomplished law firms. The intern will work closely with lawyers on research projects related to important legal matters and issues and will assist lawyers in a variety of areas. Some of the practice areas to which an intern may be exposed to include general research, corporate law, real estate, litigation management, contract drafting and review, and employment matters to name a few. This opportunity will be for approximately 12 weeks (May – August) though there is some flexibility there. Successful candidates will enjoy working with a team of Legal professionals in a great work environment. The legal intern position pays $25 per hour.
- Perform legal research, prepare research memoranda on issues relevant to litigation and other legal matters, and assist with drafting commercial agreements.
- Work closely with members of the legal team on assigned projects.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Student must be pursuing juris doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Top ½ of the class is required
- Student should be entering Second year or Third year of law school
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.