New York, NY
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion in net revenue in 2021, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
PepsiCo’s Law and Compliance & Ethics function helps to drive business objectives and achieve sustainable business results, while also protecting PepsiCo – legally, ethically and reputationally. Our structure follows the business, with dedicated lawyers and legal professionals supporting each Sector and their respective BUs/markets, along with Global Group/Corporate professionals to support certain practice areas and meet specific governance needs of PepsiCo, Inc.
Like all departments, we’re committed to working Faster, Stronger and Better. We’re continually looking for ways to leverage technology, simplify and enhance our processes, and expand and transform our capabilities. This allows us to accommodate evolving business needs and provide the best legal services to keep PepsiCo moving forward. We’re also committed to diversity and inclusion both within our department and the broader legal profession.
This position is a hybrid role with a preference for the selected candidate to be based in the Chicago, IL; Purchase, NY or Plano, TX area.
By joining our best in class Employment Law team, you will hep us achieve the goals above by:
- Ensuring legal compliance with employment and labor laws with corporate, global and field based clients
- Providing effective counsel to the business in all areas of employment law, including EEO, anti-harassment and retaliation, wage and hour, leave rights, wrongful termination, performance management, disciplinary issues, non-competition and non-solicitation issues, various state, federal and global laws, and any other employment related matters
- Partnering with Labor counsel on labor relations issues, grievances, and arbitration matters when there is employment law cross-over
- Assisting the Company with its Code of Conduct and compliance initiatives
- Formulating and drafting Human Resources policies and training on employment law topics, including providing capability building and training sessions presented both in person and online
- Effectively and efficiently managing employment litigation, including setting litigation strategy, oversight of outside counsel, and mediation and resolution of claims
- Overseeing Company’s responses to administrative charges and representing the Company before governmental agencies
- Advising the Company regarding legal analysis and document creation related to restructuring activity
- Other duties as assigned, e.g., conduct investigations, creating and/or facilitating employment law related-trainings, special projects
- Juris Doctorate
- 4+ years of law firm, in-house or other relevant legal practice
- Member of a state bar in good standing
- Strong knowledge of US employment laws
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and orally) with all levels of employees, from frontline to senior management
- HR counseling experience with business partners in small to mid-size companies
- HR counseling with companies with unionized workforces
- First chair experience negotiating settlement of claims with opposing counsel
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
Compensation and Benefits:
- The expected salary range is $ 113300 -$ 170000
- Bonus based on performance and eligibility; target payout is 25% annually and an additional target payout of 10% of annual salary is paid out over 3 years following the end of the performance period
- $25,000 Annual LTI Target: Long-term incentive equity may be awarded based on eligibility and performance
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
- Other benefits, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity