Legal Coordinator / Contracts Administrator
AmgenThousand Oaks, CA21 days ago
The Transactions Law Legal Coordinator / Contracts Administrator role reports directly to the Associate General Counsel, Transactions Law. The Transactions Law Group at Amgen support Amgen’s Business Development group in a variety of life sciences transactions, including in-licenses and out-licenses involving biopharmaceutical products and technology, research, development and commercial collaborations, equity investments and mergers, acquisitions and spinouts, and advise on Amgen’s ongoing alliances with key biopharmaceutical company collaboration partners.
The Transactions Law Legal Coordinator / Contracts Administrator will lead Amgen’s confidential disclosure agreement process and lead administrative support for the team, specifically:
- Apply working knowledge of legal concepts, under the supervision of an attorney, as well as provide administrative support to the legal team
- Manage confidential disclosure agreement (CDA) request intake, template and agreement generation and negotiation
- Read, understand, interpret, draft and revise legal documents including confidential disclosure agreements, collaboration and license agreements, correspondence, amendments and other types of documents and agreements as required.
- Assist in preparation of legal documentation such as letters, filings, communications, etc.
- Maintain working files, documents, and meticulous filing of all agreements and documents
- Drafting and issuing contracts, legal documents, communications, or reports as applicable
- Maintain legal files and records; hard copies and e-documents
- Track budgetary spend and invoices
- Prepare and conduct training regarding legal concepts or company processes
Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree and 4 years of legal experience
or High school diploma / GED and 6 years of legal experience
- Experience in contract administration
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Strong integrity, ethics, logical with good judgment
- Strong ability to learn and work under time pressure, demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Highly organized with critical attention to details
- Strong functional use of Microsoft Office, (Excel, Word & PowerPoint), Adobe and DocuSign, and the willingness to learn new information and communication systems (MS Teams, Webex, Miro, Box)
- Positive, proactive, self-motivated individual with a high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Team player, change agent, flexible to shifting priorities, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously amid competing priorities, ability to work independently and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.