Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker’s vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Who we want:
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize, and automate.
- Meticulous documenters. Detail-oriented people who enjoy maintaining meticulous documentation of reports, metrics, proposals, and presentations.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do:
The Legal Coordinator is part of an in-house litigation teams that provides support to all of Stryker’s divisions and functions. The Legal Coordinator will focus on supporting the administration and management of product liability claims and lawsuits in the United States related to Stryker’s products and services. This individual will help fulfill key functions in the processing, organization, management, review, and reporting on litigation matters, while working independently and within the team. A part of this role will also include investigating claims through utilizing internal information, as well as working with other people at Stryker to gather information to assist in the analysis and management of claims and lawsuits. This role will also gather and report on data, both internally and to parties external to Stryker.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple aspects across a broad array of product liability pre-litigation claims and lawsuits, including intake, organization, reporting, claim analysis, communication with legal and business colleagues and clients, coordination and management of outside counsel, cost management, and negotiation and finalization of assigned pre-litigation claims and lawsuits
- Ensure all new claims and lawsuits are timely opened in Legal Track, with notifications provided to the appropriate individuals/departments
- Input case updates into Legal Tracker and ensure matters are accurately coded and classified
- Work with Litigation Counsel to manage caseload including case evaluation and management of outside counsel for the product cases and claims
- Communicate with internal departments and external counsel regarding claim and case investigations and analyses
- Investigate and obtain records from third parties related to product liability matters
- Serve as cross-divisional and cross-departmental resource for matter intake and matter status
- Create and distribute regularly scheduled and special reports
- Work closely with the Legal Operations team to assist matter management within Legal Tracker, including maintaining data in Legal Tracker and coordinating billing questions from external counsel or Legal Operations
- Assist in creating and monitoring litigation accruals
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely drafting and finalization of settlement agreements
- Prepare and submit information required to process settlement payments
- Ensure timely notice of settlements to applicable internal functions and external parties, including but not limited to government agencies to whom notice is required
- Act as liaison between outside counsel and internal departments
- Assist in scheduling and preparing meetings
- Provide general support to US Litigation and Employment team, as needed
What you need:
- Associate degree is required
- Paralegal certificate is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years Paralegal or equivalent experience is required
- Excellent organization skills; strong attention to detail; and ability to manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Embraces and supports change in a dynamic environment
- Maintains confidentiality over sensitive proprietary information