We are hiring for a Legal Billing Specialist to join our team! This is a remote position with the expectation to work during Pacific Time (9:00am - 5:30pm).
The primary role of the Legal Billing Specialist is to perform administrative tasks in support of the client's billing department.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries sent to the centralized billing inbox
- Perform time edits
- Transmit electronic billing (“e-billing”) via Ebilling Hub and various e-billing sites
- Responsible for recording and maintaining accurate phase, task, and billing codes
- Assist with bill preparation for more sophisticated e-bills and/or on-demand requirements as available (both manual & electronic)
- Have direct contact with billing partners to resolve e-billing-related issues
- Reprint posted invoices and provide copies, as necessary
- Update billing addresses and payer information as needed
- Submit Appeals and budgets via e-billing sites
- Prepare invoices for usage of various e-billing sites
- Ability to adhere and apply billing department policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the firm professionally and tactfully
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle a high-volume of tasks maintaining attention to detail and prioritizing as necessary
- Maintain client/matter maintenance information in coordination with the Billing Compliance team
- Work collaboratively with collection coordinators on accounts receivable issues
- Interacts with Conflicts Department for new matter openings and record maintenance in coordination with the Billing Compliance team
- A minimum of 5 years of legal billing experience
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience with Aderant/CMS and/or Elite billing system
The national pay range for this role is $37400 - $66000 / year. The pay range may be slightly lower or higher based on the geographic location of the hired employee.
The actual pay offered may vary based upon, but not limited to: education, skills, experience, proficiency, performance, shift and location. In addition to base salary, depending on the role, the total compensation package may also include participation in a bonus, commission or incentive program. RRD offers benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, disability insurance, 401(k) with match, life insurance and other voluntary supplemental insurance coverages, plus tuition assistance, maternity leave, adoption assistance, and employer/partner discounts.