At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated technologies, products and services across the full continuum of care. Customers—and their patients—are at the heart of what we do.
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor teammate benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global company
Assists the Assistant General Counsel and Associate General Counsel in all aspects of legal work for the company’s Products & Healthcare Services segment, to include managing pre-litigation disputes, performing research, drafting various types of agreements and acting as an advisor to educate under the supervision of company attorneys, business clients on legal issues and processes to mitigate exposure and risk. Provides general legal administrative support to attorneys in Legal Department. This will be a REMOTE position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Experience drafting and reviewing contracts and providing guidance on contract standards.
2. Experience participating in contract negotiations.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to perform manual and computerized legal research and make appropriate recommendations.
5. Participate in special projects for the creation of tools, documents and processes to enable improvements and increase efficiency as needed.
6. Identifies risk, determines level of risk and routes appropriately.
7. Assists Law Department teammates and senior management in resolving legal issues and briefing teammates, as requested.
8. Assists with investigations and handling pre-litigation disputes.
9. Assists with a variety of multi-task, multi-deadline projects to support the business. Communicates and observes timelines regarding completing of assignments.
10. Assists in updating templates and maintaining the Law Department Library for use by all teammates.
11. Able to work independently and evaluate when to seek guidance from company attorneys.
12. Manages outside counsel billing and ensures budgets are established and followed
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.