New York, NY
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- US Government security clearance.
- 2 years of compliance, operations, policy, legal, or research experience.
- Previous US Government security clearance.
- Ability to work well in a team, and in fast-paced, high-pressure environments.
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and business acumen.
About the job
As a Legal Assistant, you will take the initiative to create and improve processes, maintain records, conduct legal research, and coordinate communications across the team. You will work with multiple groups within the Legal Department, internal clients across Google, and external parties as you closely support your team.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for working with some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you address unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Review and respond to legal requests with high attention to detail.
- Focus on quality data entry and stay dedicated and task-oriented.
- Work with highly confidential and sensitive information while exercising excellent judgment, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Work non-standard hours as needed (i.e. be on-call on a rotational basis) to handle after-hours legal requests and escalations.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.