Legal and Regulatory Compliance Intern, Summer 2022 (Internship)
As a co-op/intern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will be part of our campus program to gain the skills and knowledge needed to take on roles similar to the description listed below.
Our student experience is designed to integrate you to the BMO team from day one by adding value in the work you do. You will have the opportunity to participate in programs such as the Women in Technology Mentorship Program, BMO First Friend peer assignment, BMO Social Squad student-led activities, BMO U corporate learning platform and access to various Employee Resource Groups to further develop your network within BMO.
Note: Only students currently enrolled in an academic program and returning to their studies will be considered for Co-op/Internship opportunities. Student who recently graduated are invited to apply to our New Grad opportunities which are available at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en/new-grad
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and an unofficial copy of your academic transcript. By applying for this general posting, you will be considered for a number of different student opportunities across multiple locations. If you are selected to move forward, you will be provided additional information.
Performs a variety of administrative tasks, financial and human resources administration in support of legal counsel. Provides services ensuring all administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed and contributes to the effective and efficient operation of the business group. Supports one or more legal counsel roles with complex portfolios and operates at various levels within a fast paced deadline-sensitive environment. Manages legal documentation, project files and filing systems, and maintains a Document Library System for all legal matters. Participates in special projects assigned by legal counsel or the Office of the General Counsel.
- Gathers and analyses research data such as statues, decisions, legal articles, codes and documents.
- Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing and distributing communications.
- Manages and monitors calendar of appointments and upcoming events.
- Coordinates and creates meeting agendas, and obtains and prepares briefing materials.
- Dispatches meeting invitations, books meeting rooms and arranges for resources and requirements, including travel arrangements, in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation.
- Reviews BMO Buying Online invoices for accuracy in adherence with documented processes and guidelines.
- Supports new committee and Board Members through orientation.
- Ensures processes for onboarding/ offboarding of legal counsel are executed efficiently.
- Responds to inquiries concerning corporate information, legal agreements and certain legal issues.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Handles sensitive/confidential Bank information while minimizing legal risk.
- Adheres to instructions, internal systems, processes & procedures to deliver timely, accurate and efficient services and support.
- Operates effectively in a high stress environment with constantly changing expectations.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- As a full-time employee, we would require 3-5 years of experience, however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- Post-secondary education and accreditation from recognized legal assistant training program or relevant experience in a legal function.
- Working knowledge of legal concepts, terminology and procedures and their applicability to the department or organization.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.