Our purpose at Molson Coors Beverage Company is to brew beverages that unite people to celebrate all life’s moments. We’ve been brewing iconic brands for over 350 years and are now proud to be offering a modern portfolio that expands beyond the beer aisle.
We are Talent Brewers with our culture rooted in our core Values. We believe in our brands and our people, and that diversity WITH inclusion is the key to a winning team culture. We want you to join our team of brand ambassadors who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get excited about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Legal Analyst – Emerging Growth working in Chicago, IL you will be part of the Americas Legal team. You will work closely with a team of lawyers and other analysts who provide legal advice to our organization on a broad range of marketing and regulatory subjects, including advertising claims, consumer promotions, trademark, and other IP rights issues, and product formulation and labeling requirements, both for craft beer brands and the introduction of disruptive brand offerings in non-alcohol beverages, wine, spirits, and next generation beverages.
This position reports to the Assistant General Counsel – Emerging Growth and works closely with the Emerging Growth function.
- Provide legal advice on advertising claims substantiation
- Review and, where needed, draft rules and disclaimers for consumer promotions, sweepstakes, and contests
- Perform preliminary searches on trademarks and make recommendations to brand teams and/or attorneys on the proposed use
- Assess risks associated with advertising concepts and materials such as packaging, sweepstakes rules and assets, and communications such as digital content
- Provide legal support related to regulatory matters, including beverage formulation and labeling, as well as trade practices governing the sales and marketing of our beer brands
- Understand and enforce company policies and voluntary self-regulation guidelines
The Other Qualifications:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent compliance experience (4+ years) or paralegal certificate
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a law firm and/or corporation, preferably with a consumer-packaged goods company
- You have knowledge of regulatory and marketing law, and food labeling preferred
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities
- You build relationships and collaborate to get to the desired outcome
- You take accountability for results, acting with integrity and honoring commitments
Work Perks You Need to Know About:
- Flexible work programs that support work life balance including a hybrid work model of 3 days in the office
- We care about our People and Planet and have challenged ourselves with stretch goals around our key priorities
- We care about our communities, and play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks, giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Engagement with a variety of Employee Resource Groups, which can provide volunteer opportunities, leadership experience, and networking through the organization
- Ability to grow and develop your career centered around our First Choice Learning opportunities
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401k option with incredible employer match, generous paid time off plans, an engaging Wellness Program, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with amazing resources
- On site Pub, access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events and, of course... free beer and beverages!
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.