Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through [ 09, 12, 2022] at 12:00a.m. ([Central Time]).
This position is in the Upstream - Chevron North America Exploration and Production (CNAEP) Legal Department that provides legal services to its North America Upstream exploration and production business units and headquarters groups. This position serves the Mid-Continent Business Unit (MCBU), headquartered in Houston, a business unit responsible for onshore land acquisition, exploration, development and production activities, including in Texas, New Mexico, and Alaska.
The selected candidate for this position will support in-house attorneys in the MCBU law group. The selected candidate will work closely with Chevron business clients, outside law firms, and outside parties on a variety of transactions, including those related to supply chain management, commercial, oil and gas land agreements, property sales and use, contract-based claims and assorted legal issues under the in-house attorneys’ guidance and review.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Conducting legal research and analysis on oil and gas law, contract law, regulatory matters, and factual issues.
- Drafting and revising contract documents (e.g., terms & conditions, exhibits, service orders and amendments).
- Attending negotiations and maintaining a record of negotiated positions.
- Analyzing, proofreading and maintaining contract drafts and exhibits.
- Working closely with Chevron’s subject matter experts in tax, intellectual property, compliance, environmental, insurance and others to integrate and assess contractual terms or convey input to clients.
- Assisting attorneys and project professionals in preparation of divestiture bid packages.
- Coordinating the preparation of closing documents and managing the execution of documents at closing.
- Finalizing contracts for execution and preparing internal approval packets.
- Drafting notices, correspondence and demands.
- Conducting due diligence.
- Attending client meetings and serving as a first contact for business client inquiries.
- Serving as a liaison between business clients and the legal team.
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of the upstream businesses supported by the legal team.
- Associates Degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of work related experience.
- Experience in supporting attorneys on transactional matters.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written), including demonstrated writing ability. Must be able to communicate effectively across broad functional and organizational lines.
- Qualities of a highly motivated self-starter capable of working in a team environment and collaborating with in-house attorneys, outside counsel, clients, and staff.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated judgment.
- Ability to maintain high quality performance with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and research skills.
- Demonstrated ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Paralegal certificate or degree or working towards the completion.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in project management.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Chevron’s preferred tools such as SharePoint, OneNote, iManage, and Microsoft Teams.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.