Legal Administrative Assistant
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position is in our Lenexa, KS campus in a professional legal office setting.
- Drafting and designing professional business correspondence, memos, presentations, etc.
- Assembling legal documents for signature and coordinating their execution and collection.
- Drafting correspondence to and contacting third parties via telephone, email and letter.
- Organizing transaction documents.
- Revising forms, notices, opinions and other legal documents, and coordinating distribution or delivery of such documents accurately and timely.
- Utilizing case management software to enter matter status information and run status reports, pay invoices, and track expenses.
- Opening, closing and maintaining organization of electronic files.
- Scheduling appointments, meetings and conference calls, and maintaining daily calendars and contact directories.
- Coordinating extensive travel arrangements and expense reports using Concur.
- Coordinating technical support for attorneys and office technology.
- Monitoring office supplies and order items as necessary to ensure items are procured in a timely, professional manner.
- Interacting with all levels of leadership.
- Safeguarding the confidentiality of Company information by exercising discretion in communicating information and handling confidential materials.
- Liaise with outside counsel and Home Office Legal.
- Associate degree in business, office management, communication, or other field related to position
- 7-10 years of experience supporting legal level professionals
- Previous experience supporting management level professionals in a corporate legal department or a law firm strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in operating Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat and Concur.
- Ability and wiliness to learn new technology.
- Ability to initiate, organize, analyze, and complete tasks in areas of responsibility, organize self and others, effectively exercise discretion and judgment, independently problem-solve and make decisions, consistently meet deadlines, handle rush projects, handle multiple priorities, and function under time constraints.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both oral and written. Sound public contact skills and office etiquette.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with limited supervision and independent judgment.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible schedule as may be required by position responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and confidentially with a variety of personalities from all levels of an organization.
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent, action-oriented thinker who is able to successfully undertake and complete projects and major tasks with minimal supervision within or ahead of deadlines.
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.