As a Communications Senior Manager in the Office of the CEO, you will work with C-Suite and senior leadership to develop, lead, and execute innovative external communications strategies. Specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with the Chief Communications Officer for the Office of the CEO to drive a comprehensive CEO external communications strategic plan in close alignment with internal communications strategic objectives.
- Drive external eminence and overall media coverage for the CEO and senior leaders. Advance Deloitte’s narrative and platforms by positioning senior leadership as specialists on key business issues through top-tier media, social media, business organizations, events, and thought leadership.
- Serve as a key media contact for the CEO responsible for enhancing and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders. Manage public relations agency relationships for the Office of the CEO.
- Work across the businesses, industries, and Firm-wide initiatives to source and collaborate on thought leadership opportunities.
- Act as an advisor and provide strategic counsel to other C-Suite and senior leadership. Implement coaching techniques to prepare leaders and subject matter experts for media interviews and speaking engagements. Prepare leaders to represent Deloitte in a positive manner and help manage media communications around sensitive situations.
- Work closely with Deloitte US’s in-house agency—including broader firm communications team—to ensure media programs are coordinated across the organization.
- Communications professional with a minimum of 12 to 15+ years relevant experience is required.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism, is required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Exposure to broad range of industry and sector trends, with experience in professional services a plus.
- Extensive experience in public relations, social media, brand positioning, leadership eminence, and risk and issues management, with strong media relationships across a broad range of media outlets and news sources.
- Experience working directly for or managing public relations, digital, and creative agencies.
- Exceptionally strong writing and editing capabilities, especially while working under tight deadlines.
- Passion for creative thinking, with a constant curiosity and drive to try new approaches.
- Proven success in developing, executing, and measuring external communications strategies and communications plans in a large-scale corporate environment.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and executing executive positioning programs, working with senior leaders, and collaborating across multi-disciplinary teams in a highly matrixed organization.
- Experience in successfully managing and delivering sensitive, crisis, and executive communications requests in a large-scale corporate environment preferred.
- Capability to shift between looking at the big picture and focusing on the details, especially in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and fluid priorities, gain consensus through influence, change course when warranted, and manage multiple and complex priorities proactively, efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrates executive presence and track record in building relationships with senior leaders as a trusted advisor.
- Highly collaborative nature and ability to quickly form relationships across teams and businesses.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead team members, providing effective guidance, coaching and capability development, maintaining close understanding of all team activities, ensuring high quality for all activities/deliverables, and implementing course corrections when needed.
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. Knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs.
- Travel up to 10% (while travel of up to 10% is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.