Lead UX Researcher
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
Are you ready to take your professional game to the next level? If you're a seasoned and Sr. UX Research practitioner, this may be a great role for you. Bring your systemic, holistic approach and take ownership of building our UX Research program from the ground up.
What’s in it for you?
Help transform an industry with your research superpower
Fictiv is committed to transforming the manufacturing industry by introducing modern solutions to a two-sided marketplace. Your hands-on ability in analyzing consumer behavior, forming data-driven insights and turn this into actionable, consumer centric results, will impact a global network of hardware innovators, engineers, makers, and manufacturers. You’ll help bring new value to users in this sector, from streamlined communication to operation intelligence.
Grow your leadership skills
Hardware manufacturing is a complex process and involves a variety of expertise. Our product team is responsible for making quick decisions that balance the needs of different users and introduce changes to business. As a UX Researcher, you will be pushed to not only produce your best work, but to be a facilitator of decision making and a presenter of your work in front of a diverse group of audience.
Make an impact
As you review research explorations with Product Managers, Engineers and stakeholders, you’ll collaboratively help speed up development cycles, drive clarity for the best solution and ensure cohesive experiences across all areas of product.
As our Lead UX Researcher, you will be embedded into our product organization, leading research for needle-moving projects, and to help the team scale by establishing processes, toolsets and best practices of user research.
Reporting to the Director of Design, there is ample leadership and management opportunities on the horizon. The objective is to build out a research team that will accelerate vision to execution cycles, not only for product but for the service operation as well.
What will you be doing?
- Lead research agenda for critical discovery projects that shape product vision, as well as influence the roadmap or inform directions of UX and business operations
- Work with Product Managers and Product Designers to develop hypothesis, research goals, research methodology and discovery milestones
- Conduct research and facilitate synthesis to generate actionable and compelling insights
- Establish a streamlined process for recruiting participants, managing user segments, and organizing research repository
- Foster standardization of in-app data tracking and analytics through collaboration with Data team and Product team
What will you bring to the team?
- Solid professional experience practicing user centric research as an individual contributor or leader, in a fast-paced product organization or agency.
- Previous experience that showcases capability of applying research skills to influence produce vision, roadmap or UX direction
- Proven ability with shipping high complexity products or services that requires working with a diverse group of users and/or business stakeholders
- Significant depth of thinking and analysis ability, coupled with foundational knowledge of behavioral science/human psychology, and proven ability of applying relevant principals in practice.
- Proficiency in qualitative research methods (user interviews, user testing, etc.) as well as qualitative research methods (surveys, data analysis, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the natural ability to sway and convince, through human evidence.
Quality portfolio demonstrating the following:
- Deep understanding of problem framing and design objective
- Clear articulation of user needs, design decisions to meet user needs
- A generative, explorative, iterative process that's driven by user or stakeholder feedback
- Great sensitivity towards fundamental UX design principals, including and not limited to visual hierarchy, interface affordances, accessibility, motion and component states
Perks and benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!