Lead UX Researcher
Research plays an essential role in this endeavor by ensuring the product is intuitive and efficient, helping free up smart people to work on hard problems for their organizations. The user experience is essential in building trust with our customers, so they can feel confident that important aspects of their business run without fail for their employees. As researchers, we’re responsible for informing current and future experiences that solve real everyday problems for our customers.
As a Lead UX Researcher on our HR Cloud, you will drive initiatives that focus on emerging products and strategic bets. We’re looking for a thought partner who is passionate about helping businesses and their employees succeed in their missions by helping them attract, retain and reward their workforce. Our HR product vertical owns everything from Employee Hiring and Learning Management to Organizational Performance & Design. This role will own the customer research for our HR product lines and help us co-create a collaborative research practice.
What you'll do
- Define the research roadmap for the HR Management vertical in close partnership with product and design leadership
- Identify and prioritize strategic and tactical research questions that have a direct impact on business and customer needs
- Plan and conduct research, applying qualitative and quantitative methods as appropriate
- Apply diverse interpretative frameworks (from HCI, social science, and design thinking) to make meaning out of customer data
- Triangulate data from existing research and other sources to make actionable recommendations
- Communicate and evangelize research findings, insights, and recommendations to product teams and executive stakeholders to inform business decisions
- Design and lead brainstorming workshops and design sprints to help xfn partners action on research findings and recommendations
- Source appropriate participants from our research panel and through 3rd party vendors.
- Level up the design team by helping mentor other researchers and designers, defining processes as we scale, participating in candidate interviews, and leading by example in how you operate on a team
- Effectively manage your time and process to meet team deadlines
- 7+ years of experience in applied research collaborating closely with cross-functional team(s) across all phases of the product development process
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods, analysis approaches, and interpretive frameworks
- Demonstrate a track record of deriving insights from complex or technical problem spaces and evangelizing actionable product recommendations
- A knack for identifying business opportunities. a curiosity for delving into how products work and a drive to get teams engaged in research
- Ability to get the point across to cross-functional stakeholders, whether it’s a slide presentation, a written report, or a slack post
- Flexibility to work at a fast pace as project objectives and timeframes necessitate
- Facilitation experience for in-person and distributed teams–this includes brainstorming techniques
- Familiarity with conducting research with professional audiences and users, including responsibility for participant recruitment
- An advanced degree in social sciences, humanities, HCI, or a related field
- An opinion: “more research” and “it depends” aren’t your go-to answers
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $195,700 - 230,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life, and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Onsite meals