Lead Systems Analyst
Colorado Springs, CO
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems has an opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO or Huntsville, AL for a Software/Systems Engineer on the C2BMC program to be the Mission Applications (MA) Agile Release Train (ART) Lead Systems Analyst. This position will work closely with test engineers, software engineers, and systems engineers in and outside of MA. The successful candidate will be flexible, motivated, dedicated, detail-orientated, and team-focused.
In this role, you will be the lead Analyst on the Mission Applications (MA) Agile Release Train (ART) of C2BMC. The MA ART develops the operational software for C2BMC. You will lead a small team of Analysts to verify the requirements applicable to the MA ART as well as proactively analyze test outputs to identify and report any anomalies. You will need to work with the MA ART teams to correct identified problems. This team will develop plans and procedures to analyze and validate the software working alongside the software and systems engineers from various MA product teams. This team will also develop analysis scripts and automated tests that could become part of the development CI/CD pipeline.
You will work with program level integration, Modeling & Simulations and Test teams to identify scenarios that can validate functionality and system performance requirements. You will also lead the team in building and consolidating analysis tools across the MA teams. Your team will work with the various product teams to identify automated tests they have developed that can help with an automated end-to-end system analysis.
Some travel will be needed between the C2BMC Development Sites (Colorado Springs, CO and Huntsville, AL) as well as to the C2BMC Test Bed (CTB) at Schriever SFB, CO.
- A final SECRET (or higher) DoD clearance is mandatory for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline such as Computer Science, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Information Technology. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree. MS level degree desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with software verification & validation processes and techniques, test reporting, regression testing, and operational & test data analysis. Experience getting products through customer acceptance tests.
- Must be familiar with Systems Engineering and Software Development lifecycles.
- Experience performing and assisting test engineers with test verification procedure development, technical troubleshooting, and analysis of software tests for performance and functionality verification.
- Demonstrated proficiency using MATLAB, Python, and/or Java to perform data analysis. Ability to develop short programs to assist with analysis in Java, MATLAB, Python, etc.
- Experience presenting analysis results information to software engineers, product owners, other senior program leaders, and customer representatives.
- Experience developing and understanding complex algorithms; performing analysis on complex algorithms for performance and functionality; presenting analysis results to stakeholders.
- Previous experience driving projects to closure through communication, coordination, and execution
- Ability to read and understand Java, C, C++, and/or Fortran.
- Experience in Agile Environments would be helpful. Previous experience in an agile leadership position would be beneficial. Experience with DOORS, JIRA, Confluence, or other project management tools.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings to all audiences including technical subject matter experts and senior leaders.
- Prior C2BMC experience; Experience with missile defense battle management and command & control systems desired.
- Knowledge of basic message formats such as TADIL-J, ATOMS
Security Clearance Statement:This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Other Important Information You Should Know
- Expression of Interest:By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
- Ability to Work Remotely:Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
- Work Schedules:Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
- Schedule for this Position:4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs, and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $118,100 - $226,400. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.