Lead Sustainability Manager
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure.
This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Sustainability Manager to support our company’s Resilience Practice and Climate, Resilience and Sustainability Business Line in our growing Florida market. This is a full-time position located in our Miami office, with flexibility on other Florida locations.
This is a technical position that requires experience in (i) analyzing sustainability-related measures for municipal and infrastructure clients, including GHG emissions, and (ii) integrating the results of such analyses into policy, strategies, programs, planning, projects, and decisions to support climate action efforts. You will work with other experts from our wider Climate, Resilience and Sustainability team, including climate scientists, emissions specialists, engineers, planners, economists, policy specialists, and risk modelers, and expand our organization to meet our growing portfolio of clients
- Help deliver projects focused on delivering climate action plans.
- Work across multiple projects, delivering on commitments through effective coordination with internal and external resources, including consulting team partners.
- Contribute to the continued expansion of the market, through the delivery of existing services and products for new clients and the design and delivery of new services and products aimed at supporting effective decisions and improve capital investments
- Represent WSP in the marketplace, contributing capabilities and experiences to other WSP offices.
- Actively collaborate with professionals from a variety of disciplines to foster and provide “trusted advisor” service and future-ready solutions for clients.
- Provide guidance and training to junior-level staff.
- Lead and/or participate in client meetings and interact directly and independently with clients to understand and meet requirements for projects.
- Proactively apply knowledge regarding the range of services provided by the various Advisory Services business lines in support of marketing efforts, business development pursuits, leads, and proposals.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
In recognition of the full strategic suite of services offered by Advisory Services, the following degree requirements apply:
- Bachelor's Degree in in engineering, physical sciences, planning or other relevant technical discipline
- 5 to 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated technical leadership in project design and delivery
- Technical capabilities in the assessment and management of GHG emissions
- Works independently with minimal oversight and provides guidance and leadership to junior team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC, and on efforts requiring remote collaboration
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated high-level of self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, computations, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at coordinating and assertively directing others to consistently complete tasks safely and efficiently.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Post graduate education
- Experience working for local government in a leadership position.
- Experience working with diverse community and agency stakeholders (e.g., transportation, water, energy, municipal)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 10%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: MIAMI - CORPORATE CENTER
- All locations: US-FL-Fort Lauderdale, US-FL-Palm Beach Gardens, US-FL-Tampa
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand.
Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation – no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.