Lead Software Engineer I
Stitch Fix’s Marketing Enablement engineering team is looking for an experienced engineer to help our team with integrations, platforms, and capabilities that attract and convert visitors to clients and keep existing clients engaged and ordering Fixes. We support Marketing to connect with clients so that they may demonstrate the value of Stitch Fix, collect information about clients that help us serve them well throughout their relationship with us, enable a first-Fix experience that knocks their socks off (not literally), and connect with them via a personalized experience that keeps them coming back.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE...
- You will lead a team in designing solutions that directly impact the conversion of visitors and the engagement and retention of existing clients.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional partners to lead the technical discovery, decision-making, and execution of projects.
- You will provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, timely feedback, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others.
- You will share the responsibility of directing the team’s investment in impactful directions.
- You will contribute to a culture of technical collaboration and scalable, resilient systems.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU...
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Hands-on experience building and scaling resilient microservice architectures at scale (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Golang, Postgres, Kafka, Node, React, AWS).
- You are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge.
- You are respectful, empathetic, and humble.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical business partners.
- You take initiative and operate with accountability.
- You lead technical design discussions and remove blockers.
- You mentor and influence others by modeling how to deliver consistent, sustainable results.
- You actively invest in the professional development and career growth of your teammates and peers through various approaches such as mentoring, pairing, constructive feedback, and code reviews.
- You are motivated by solving problems and finding creative client-focused solutions.
- Might have experience working with marketing stakeholders.
- Might have experience building, architecting, deploying, and monitoring solutions on the AWS platform.
- Might have a good understanding of various AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS, CloudWatch, etc.
- Might have experience using infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or CDK.
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY
Technologies we rely on to pursue solutions to business problems include things like:
- Ruby, Rails
- GraphQL and Postgres
- AWS services such as Lambda, S3, CloudWatch
While experience with any of these is a bonus, our primary focus is hiring an engineer with a passion for solving problems first and foremost.
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE...
- Are a successful and vibrant company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, diverse leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy and taking initiative.
- Fully support remote work.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, equity, and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to work-life balance, including unlimited vacation and generous parental leave policies.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT:
To all candidates: your personal information and online safety are top of mind for us. At Stitch Fix, recruiters only direct candidates to apply through our official career pages at https://www.stitchfix.com/careers/jobs or https://web.fountain.com/c/stitch-fix.
Recruiters will never request payments, ask for financial account information or sensitive information like social security numbers. If you are unsure if a message is from Stitch Fix, please email RecruitingOperations@stitchfix.com.
You can read more about Recruiting Scam Awareness on our FAQ page here: https://support.stitchfix.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007169402-Recruiting-Scam-Awareness