Lead Software Engineer
We are seeking Senior SOFTWARE ENGINEERS who have 3+ years of experience with a variety of software languages, technologies and tools to join our State Farm team! State Farm is focused on modernization efforts within the Property & Casualty systems. You will be joining a team in which collaborative self-directed individuals thrive. This lead software engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing complex solutions—including functional requirements, coding, support and agile team principles and leadership. This opportunity requires deep application development skills, writing and collaboration and strong communication skills.
Some responsibilities would include:
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment
- Build and Implement the application’s CI/CD pipeline
- Commitment to automation including in a cloud environment
- Applies understanding of development tools, processes, applications, programming languages and environments to assignments
- Designs and develops full-stack applications using industry-adopted languages and frameworks
- Provides support for problem and issue resolution and provides technical consultation and direction to business and product team members
- Integrates industry best practices into processes and potential solutions
We Are Looking For Candidates With Some of the Following:
- Strong aptitude and desire to learn new languages and frameworks
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Experience building a single-page application with Angular, or similar libraries such as React, Ember or Vue
- Experience building and using CI/CD pipelines, leveraging tools like GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins and Docker
- Experience increasing quality by applying various development and test practices (ex. unit test coverage, automated acceptance tests)
- Experience with Git or similar version control system
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
- Enthusiasm for innovation, diversity of thought, and new ideas
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships locally & across locations
- Clear communication skills, both verbal & written
- Ability to quickly adapt and thrive in a changing, highly collaborative agile team environment
Qualified candidates may be considered for other positions.
SPONSORSHIP: Applicants for this position are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
For Los Angeles candidates: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
For San Francisco candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Colorado candidates:
Compensation Range: $69,114.50-$194,700
- Competitive Benefits, including:
- 401k Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision plans
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Annual Merit Increases
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Initiatives