Lead Software Engineer
We are a product-oriented team that works without ego, and strives to solves real problems for the cannabis industry. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will take full ownership over shipping core workflows of the product. This involves working closely with product, customer success and our customers themselves to define and execute on our roadmap. Your work will have customers writing you personal “thank you” emails like this one:
"I can’t praise Distru enough, it’s head and shoulders above any platform I’ve encountered to date. Thank you for your persistence and providing us with the right tools."
This is a full-time remote engineering role, but we are based in Oakland if you want to spend some time in person with some of the team.
- Be responsible for managing the development and timeline of mission critical features
- Proactively communicate progress with the entire Distru team and our customer
- Coordinate other engineers and ensure features ship with quality and predictability
- Learn our customers' operations and nuanced workflows that come with the Cannabis industry
- Design, build, and maintain the Distru product
- Debug production issues across the entire stack
Features you might work on
- Creating a planning calendar that our customers could use to plan our their manufacturing production schedules, detecting and alerting them of when they are under-resourced or understaffed
- Establishing the mobile experience for delivery drivers to help distributors manage dispatch more efficiently and track deliveries in real time
- Building a financial ledger that tracks double-entry accounting
- Integrating with numerous 3rd party services including: Quickbooks, GPS Tracking, ERPs, Weight Scales
- Experience in modern tech stacks, we use Elixir, Postgres, GraphQL, React but we believe great engineers can learn anything!
- Previous experience leading other engineers through projects successfully
- Previous experience owning and executing major features from start to finish, with predictability and quality
- Previous experience writing high quality code with effective test coverage
- Significant previous experience with SQL databases (especially Postgres)
- Ability to proactively communicate progress and timelines with the rest of the team
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus: previous experience developing complex SaaS products (logistics, supply chain, accounting etc...)!
- Bonus: previous experience in Cannabis!
- Bonus: worked remotely, ideally on a distributed team!
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental insurance coverage for employee, and 90% for spouse, domestic partner, and any dependent family members.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous stock options with employee-friendly exercise terms and post-termination exercise window
- 18 days Paid Time Off (We want you to use these!)
- Working with world class (and famous) engineers day in day out!
Once you’re a part of the Distru team, it is our job to make sure that you’re empowered to build high quality code that you believe in. We are a lean startup team and want everyone to feel like they have a real impact on our software and company’s success. In addition to engineering, you’ll be working directly with the founding team during the early stages of a fast growing startup.
Distru was formed by an environment of mutual respect and trust made up by people working together without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success and we proactively strive to recruit, develop and retain the best and brightest people from the most diverse candidate pools we can find all over the world.