Lead Software Engineer
Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories. The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx Teens, Speax by Thinx, and Thinx for All™—are on a mission to create a healthier world through sustainable solutions to menstruation and incontinence.
Our people live our values daily and they serve as our cultural cornerstones.
- Be Accountable
- Be Profitable
- Be Human
- Be Curious
- Be Ambassadors
We are looking to hire a Lead Software Engineer with 7+ years of professional experience, particularly in Front-End Engineering. As a member of our team, you’ll be a leader on a mission critical project, build UIs in React, and supervise and mentor a team of 3-5 engineers . This is a player/coach position – we anticipate that ~40% of your time will be spent on management duties and ~60% of your time will be spent writing and reviewing code.
Some interest in UX/UI, Digital Product optimization, and eCommerce is important for finding success in this role. Our Engineering team is currently composed of 9 Front-end and Full Stack Engineers + a Director of Engineering, who will be your manager. The wider team includes 15 team members spread across UX, Digital Product, and Data. The Technology team has close cross-functional partnerships with Growth, Retention, Merchandising, CX, Project Management, Brand, and Creative.
The Work You’ll Do:
- Work with Engineers to build our next generation Headless Commerce architecture with Next.js, React, and GraphQL
- Partner with Digital Product Director, UX Director, and other team leads to develop and execute against roadmaps
- Work closely with the Director of Engineering to set technical direction for the department
- Work with Technical Project Manager to prioritize and scope engineering tasks
- Focus on continually improving code quality, standardization, reliability, and performance
- Understand our infrastructure and seek opportunities to improve and test it’s reliability
- Implement processes and best practices that emphasize engineering velocity and executing against agreed upon deadlines
- Directly manage and mentor other Front-end and Full Stack Engineers
- Provide constructive feedback on Code Reviews
- Understand what Engineers are working on, allocate resources, pair program, and unblock as needed
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You have strong knowledge of Web Accessibility and Performance
- You are passionate about mentorship and helping your team improve personally and professionally
- You are a stickler when it comes to code quality and a culture of creating and maintaining excellent documentation
- You seek opportunities to simplify whenever possible
- You take a collaborative approach to your work; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have an eye for design and can call out inconsistencies and/or potential issues with proposed responsive layouts
- At least 7 years of professional Software Engineering experience and at least 2 years experience supervising and/or formally mentoring other Software Engineers is necessary to be considered for this role
- Experience building architecture & solutions for eCommerce or marketplace businesses; experience with Shopify (especially Storefront and/or Admin APIs) is a plus
- Experience working with large SaaS partners and integrations
- Experience working closely with Product Managers and Product Designers on scoping new features and functionality
- Experience writing and deploying Serverless functions (AWS Lambda, Cloudflare workers, GCP)
You’re Excited About Us Because...
- 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks and monthly child care stipend
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual training and development stipend
- 1x Monthly Mental Escape Days
- 30% discount on Thinx Inc products and a quarterly $100 spend
- $90 quarterly wellness stipend to spend on personal health and fitness
- $100 monthly WFH stipend to support your remote office needs
- Progressive policies for bereavement and compassionate leave
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment, that is a mission-driven company
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company.. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.