Lead Sales Manager
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We are looking for a Lead Sales Manager to be our first Sales Manager on the Canadian SMB Team, overseeing a premium market poised for growth and a unique opportunity for regional impact. This role will report directly to the Head of SMB, Canada.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a high-performing team of Account Managers and Partner Managers to deliver against quarterly revenue targets.
- Develop and deploy acquisition and retention sales programs that drive results for Pinterest’s direct advertisers and agency partners.
- Implement processes and strategies at scale to grow revenue and empower the team to operate at scale.
- Achieve revenue targets through effective planning, setting sales goals, analyzing data on past performance, and projecting future performance.
- Communicate the progress of weekly/monthly/quarterly initiatives to stakeholders across time zones in a timely and clear fashion.
- Work cross-regionally and cross-functionally to build cohesive partnerships with peers and internal stakeholders, including product, sales operations, and marketing.
- Motivate and develop sales talent in partnership with the Vendor, creating a positive culture of accountability.
- Manage the relationship with Pinterest’s vendor partner.
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of professional experience in digital media sales, online advertising, or sales leadership.
- A data-driven leader with the ability to lead teams against aggressive goals.
- Demonstrated track record of leading and inspiring others.
- Experience in process management, operations management, and understanding how to grow and scale businesses.
- Ability to extract insights from data to inform strategic decisions and translate them into action plans.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Experience working with outsourced vendors is a plus.
- Experience working with New Business Acquisition and/or Agencies is a plus.
- Fluent in Salesforce, Tableau, Excel, and other sales productivity software.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.