Lead Quality Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Video Software Engineer who is passionate about large scale video ecosystems and cares about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, design principles, and test-driven development. You'll work closely with fellow engineers to enable modern, high-quality media delivery using a combination of in-house and off-the-shelf technologies. You are an integral part in the team’s process when translating high-level requirements into maintainable, efficient, and scalable self-healing solutions. This role will have an extra focus on maintaining and extending a large-scale dynamic media packaging service streaming common last-mile protocols written in C and Go. You’ll be crafting groundbreaking features from the ground up that allow ViacomCBS to stay on top of the latest in streaming technologies in a rapidly changing industry. Does this sound like you?
- Maintain and improve the core of our on-the-fly packaging service written in C while implementing high-performance greenfield functionality to support live and VOD workflows
- Build out of a scheduling service for both Live and VOD assets to product stitched live streams
- Work with engineers across the company to optimize video experience in the context of large-scale production websites and applications
- Contribute to the core of our in-house dynamic media packaging system for live and VOD workflows
- Work with product and QA teams to develop test plans for existing and new functionality
- Contribute and encourage an engineering culture that values software quality and maintainability
- Collaborate with other engineers and members of the Video Processing team to determine priorities, best practices, and refine functional requirements
What you bring to the team
You have -
- Strong experience designing and implementing maintainable, scalable, and pragmatic software solutions from the ground up
- Fluency in C and Go or similar systems-level programming language with a passion for writing high-performance, efficient code
- Proven experience with streaming protocols like HLS & MPEG-DASH
- Experience with Digital Rights Management Systems (DRM), including Playready, Widevine & FairPlay
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS and GCP
- Good knowledge of microservices and distributed systems architectures
- Experience with technical writing and design documentation
- Strong communication with proven ability to work well within a team
You might also have -
- Knowledge of FFmpeg/Libav APIs and experience maintaining Libav-based solutions in production
- Knowledge of the color space, bit depth, and HDR systems
- Experience deploying high-volume services using Kubernetes
- Proficiency in modern systems programming languages such as Rust
- Patches or code publicly available
- Open Source development experience
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.