Lead QA Engineer
We are looking for the right person who wants to make a difference. This Lead QA Engineer is in a quality-focused leadership role over several agile development teams. This person will partner with other Product, Project Management, R&D, and Architecture leaders to deliver on critical features and functionality. This QA leader is the expert for overall product quality and is equally responsible for all aspects of delivery. As an integral contributor to our Agile development teams, the Lead QA Engineer will have experience with measuring quality and progress, training and mentoring QA engineers and engineering managers, and overseeing other engineers to ensure the highest level of quality and timely deliveries to the CXone platform. Throughout the project lifecycle this individual will clearly outline the current state of the product and project by communicating all risks and working with teams to successfully deliver. Ultimately, this engineer is experienced enough to drive defect prevention not just defect discovery. They are an outspoken advocate for and enabler of product quality, contributing with strategy and tactical execution.
- Properly record and track projects for capitalization.
- Reduce liability to the company by:
- Ensuring new development is in compliance with regulatory and financial best practices
- Ensuring accuracy of data and reporting
- Ensuring security measures are created and maintained with new products which may house private information
- Identify tools and help budget for their use throughout the organization
- Plan and execute resource planning, team structuring and projects
- Be passionate about quality and driven to accomplish the company's goals.
- Develop and execute a complete test strategy for assigned products and features including verification of functional, performance, security and scalability requirements
- Mentor other QA and lead multiple teams in the selection and execution of their test strategy
- Streamline and improve the testing life cycle and process.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and tools
- Design and offer guidance for teams to facilitate test plans and test cases based on business requirements and functional specifications.
- Communicate QA results, risks and project status to management team as well as other stake holders
- Follow and execute on team-specified "done" criteria for testing features
- Continuously streamline and improve the testing life cycle to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting are effective, agile, and coordinated
- Interact closely with developers offering suggestions and ideas for improving the quality of products
- Analyze testing results to enhance future test plans and scenarios. (Including metrics and benchmarks to gauge improvement)
- Pro-active investigation/verification of production defects and continuous improvement of regression tests
- Become a subject matter expert with multiple CXone product(s)
- Promote and evangelize quality assurance best practices
- Be a strong leader within the organization
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and CXone policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Education, Experience, and Specific Job-Related Skills
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of QA practices and policies
- 10+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance
- 4+ years of demonstrated prior experience in a QA project leadership role
- Experience testing web & API services
- Thorough understanding of the following types of testing: Functional, Usability, Load, Stress, Integration, Data validation, Performance, Automated testing, and Regression
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Possess strong communication & decision-making skills
- DevOps experience
- CI/CD experience
- Ability to work independently and self-manage projects
- Cloud experience, AWS preferred
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.