Lead Project Manager
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing projects from inception to implementation. Leads project teams to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet business needs.
- Gathers business requirements and translates them for project teams. Manages all aspects of each project. Leads project teams to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet business needs.
- Assembles project teams. Aligns roles and responsibilities for all project resources. Ensures project progress is tracked and team members are providing progress updates.
- Assists with business requirements analyses. Manages project scopes, issues, and risks. Ensures change controls are executed appropriately. Estimates work efforts and manages resources.
- Documents agendas, meeting minutes, action items, project plans, and issue logs. Communicates project statuses to stakeholders.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts, Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related field
- Agile and/or Kanban, PMP
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.