Lead Project Engineer
Come Build the World with Us
This is the career you’ve been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you’ll get the unique chance to impact some of the world’s most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We’re the World’s largest tool company. We design and develop the tools that are used to change the world every day here in our engineering headquarters in Towson, Maryland. Our design teams are involved with every step of the process bringing these world class products to life. From conducting end user research to identify new needs, to designing and prototyping tools to ensur
e we meet our customers high expectations, to creating robust tests to guarantee the tools we make stand up to the toughest environments, our engineers own every aspect of the process along the way.
Who You Are
An experienced engineer with hands-on experience in a high-volume environment. You have demonstrated that you can lead, coach, teach, and develop talent in a past paced environment. You are looking for a high-visibility role where you can make an immediate and lasting impact on product and people. You’re agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
- Master or bachelor degree in engineering background
- Minimum 8-10 years’ working experience in project management
- Be familiar with project management disciplines
- People with experience within the PT or products design and development, will be preferred
- Accountable for results with proactive attitude
- Creative, self-motivated, actively participate in specific initiatives
- Open-minded and work in an efficient and timely manner
- Cooperate and collaborate with business partners with good teamwork spirit
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills in English and Chinese
- Detail-oriented with good planning and organizing skill
What You’ll Do
The main responsibility is to assure that the projects are executed according to agreed scope, time, costs and quality and to receiving plant requirements.
- Define scope, time, costs and quality on projects
- Scope management towards the customer and between plants and plants/suppliers
- Reporting the status of time, costs and quality
- Ensure that the plants/suppliers comply to the demands for time, costs and quality
- Use of adequate procedures and methods to ensure an effective execution of the process
- Close communication with related organization, external plants, suppliers
- Secure project is organized in the most optimal way through the projects life cycle
- Manage project team to high performance through team building and similar performance improvement activities
- Plan resources, time and costs according to customers' requirements and expectation as optimal as possible and to secure fulfillment of the plans
- Be on top of the project from start to end
- Should be able to work independent, take initiatives and be responsible for the entire project
Benefits & Perks
You’ll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic. A company with History. We have been designing tools for long time which means we have a lot of expertise here, but that doesn’t mean we are afraid to try new things. We have a long list of World’s firsts to our credit and we need you to keep that going!
No. of Positions
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Featured Category on SBD Careers
FLSA (For US Only)