Lead Product Marketing Manager
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków.
We believe this balanced, flexible approach gives our team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust, unlocks creativity, and further fuels innovation.
Grammarly team members in this role are required to live within a daily commutable distance to San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, Grammarly for Education, and Grammarly for Developers. All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our Product Marketing team. This role will work to make Grammarly the most trusted AI-powered communication assistant for our users and enterprise buyers by establishing the overall narrative and GTM strategy for our Trust posture and product portfolio. The Trust product portfolio includes all privacy controls, security offerings and certifications, data collection and retention policies and practices, use of data and humans in the development of our AI, as well as our sensitivity and inclusion feature set.
Grammarly’s product marketing team innovates and uncovers market insights and customer opportunities that influence and shape our product roadmap. PMMs at Grammarly are:
- Curious: They seek to understand the why and how.
- Strategic: They know their product, market, customers, and business.
- Story-driven and customer-obsessed: They’re excellent writers who build precise, compelling, and distinctive product positioning with compelling reasons to believe.
- Opinionated: They’re grounded in user insights and data and operate with trust and influence because they’re dedicated to the best outcome for our business and customers.
- Collaborative: They bring people together to work toward a common goal.
This critical leadership role will help establish and build the overall go-to-market strategy for Grammarly's Trust product offerings.
As the Product Marketing Manager, Trust, you will:
- Develop product positioning and messaging that articulates the unique value our Trust posture has in developing our product offerings, as well as define the messaging for our Trust product portfolio.
- Be the expert on Trust, specifically the buying process and experience for consumers and enterprises, including how our competitors position and sell their products.
- Work with cross-functional teams to design and execute product launches, feature updates, and partnership integrations that deliver on our Trust promise.
- Know and develop insight about our target customers and partners, their challenges, and the benefits of our solutions, and apply this knowledge to influence strategy and content creation (including partnering with Human Insights team).
- Guide product positioning and messaging for adoption and growth of security product offerings, to build trust with our customers and the market.
- Develop strategy and collaborate with GTM team to execute on GTM strategies for security product launches (Note: this person will be the DRI for security win-back / unblock campaigns).
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) resource for field and channels as they help take the Grammarly security solutions to market.
- Create, maintain and evangelize a Technical/Security Call Deck (Narrative), including demos.
- Work with the content team, comms, and security stakeholders to guide security thought leadership and content strategy.
- Create marketing assets (call scripts, discovery questions, fact sheets, slides, product demos) to enable sales, sales engineering, customer success, and solutions engineering teams to position Grammarly security functions and features effectively.
- Support GTM for the sensitivity and inclusion feature roadmap (product messaging/positioning, launches, sales training)
- Work with a cross-functional team to establish GTM goals that need to be hit for us to put out messaging about Grammarly's sensitivity, anti-bias and inclusive language being part of the product.
- Support the comms teams as needed on crisis incident communications related to sensitivity and inclusion.
- Create content for our privacy and data protection services to help customers understand the value and use cases, including creating and maintaining content at grammarly.com/trust
- Develop the GTM strategy and launch privacy controls delivering an exceptionally high opt-in rate for all related/impacted product offerings.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has high ethical values, is passionate about security/privacy/trust and works with a rigorous and creative mindset to quickly think through multiple scenarios, and assess risk and opportunity.
- Operates at both the strategic and tactical levels while championing bold and creative ideas that deliver results.
- While you work in ambiguity, you’re highly organized, detail-oriented, and passionate about designing and implementing processes to keep everyone on track and grow a global business.
- Can craft a compelling narrative around a business problem and explain complex, technical features in words that anyone can understand; possess the writing chops to articulate benefits effectively to customers and presentation skills to persuade internally.
- Thrives in a highly cross-functional role that requires that you work closely with partners across PM, Engineering, Brand, Comms, and Legal.
- Operates with a deeply strategic and analytical skill set that can paint a multi-year vision for Trust and help ensure that the GTM approach and product today set us up to achieve that.
Support for you, professionally and personally.
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing excellent health care (including mental health and fertility benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, caregiver and pet care stipends, wellness stipends, 401(k) matching (US only), admission discounts, learning and development opportunities, and more.
- For San Francisco–based employment: Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, meaning pay may vary depending on your location. Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our compensation packages include equity; a wide range of medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance options; retirement benefits; and parental leave. We offer twenty days of paid time off per year (global), eleven days of paid holidays per year (US and Canada), and unlimited sick days (global).
The expected salary range for this position is outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $223,000 – $281,000/year (USD)
We encourage you to apply.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.