Lead Product Manager
Glossier is a people-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
Product Management at Glossier brings together data and insights from our unique community and omnichannel business model to build digital products for the beauty company of the future. Product Managers at Glossier lead teams that deliver meaningful customer experiences and drive business value.
They’re ultimately responsible for driving impact for customers and our business by:
- Leading the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative digital products that enable customers to interact with others in the Glossier community and purchase Glossier products.
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners across Glossier in engineering, design, data, research, marketing, operations, and product development.
- Creating and articulating a compelling vision, strategy, and roadmap; getting alignment from cross-functional team members and executives for their vision.
- Defining product metrics, objectives, and key results to guide, prioritize, and measure the success of the product strategy.
- Integrating usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
Six Month Expectations
- Build out short-term and long-term strategies for strategic growth for Glossier, socializing your vision with senior leaders across Glossier.
- Work with partners from across the business (e.g., engineering, design, marketing, brand, operational teams, data, finance, legal, and more) to plan and execute the launch of upcoming business initiatives and features, including running a feature experiment.
- Drive prioritization decisions and requirements for your roadmap with both internal teams and external agencies.
- Define success metrics and corresponding strategies to hit these metrics.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Collect and synthesize feedback from the experiment / proof of concept, and refine the long-term vision for this product based on that feedback.
- Present your long-term strategic vision and roadmap to leaders across Glossier.
- Execute on building the next phase of this initiative, working as the product owner and collaborating with partners across the business.
- Represent and champion this initiative in a variety of cross-functional forums.
- Become a strong cross-functional partner and leader for our stakeholders across the company.
- 5+ years of experience and a proven track record creating strategic product roadmap(s) from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication, active listening and organization skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others and is able to influence without direct oversight.
- Dedication to great customer experiences, from end to end in the customer journey.
- Strategic and analytical; data and hypothesis driven. Able to see the forest through the trees.
- Strong opinions, loosely held; we are looking for a seasoned professional with an ability to change their mind based on new information.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support Finance or Marketing.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.