Lead Product Designer
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join the Advanced Media team where you will conceive and deliver end-to-end visual design and direction for high-value, consumer-centric digital products! This role will advance the visual and graphical look of our user-facing application and will be part of a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers.
You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process! From brainstorming innovative solutions to customer issues and business goals, to utilizing your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to provide versatile support to the team across application improvements, new features, and platform development.
- Collaborating with engineers and product managers to craft simple and elegant visuals experiences that meet both user and business goals.
- Participate in all aspects of the user experience of features from conception to launch. Designing at all levels of fidelity including sketches, wireframes, user flows, visual designs and prototypes for test scenarios and production ready environments.
- Work with others to design holistic systems flows and interfaces that are simple, elegant, and appealing.
- Build production-ready and high-quality design deliverables
- Chip into the overall design team vision by improving existing features and generating innovative solutions.
- Participate in design meetings and convey design ideas and direction to senior leaders on the team.
- Conduct user interviews
- Partner with product, engineers, and the members of the design and research teams to lead all aspects of the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- 3+ years of application design experience from an AdTech/MarTech company. (Focus on reporting and measurement a plus).
- 2+ years of visual design experience, interaction design experience, and strategic product thinking and vision experience
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision.
- Understands and can utilize and give to the development of design systems.
- Understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution.
- Respond well to feedback and direction from manager.
- Experience collaborating with product teams (product managers, engineers, user researchers, other designers) on the vision for features/products and can turn this vision into reality through design.
- Shown experience with end-to-end product design.
- Look out for the latest interactive technology, developments/trends and UX/UI standard methodologies in Ad/MarTech landscape.
- Advanced expertise with leading design tools, including InVision, Sketch, Figma, and other collaboration and prototyping tools.
- Experience with human-centered design practice and UI/UX best practices a plus
- A general understanding of key UI/UX principles, processes, methodologies
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.