Lead Product Designer
With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our UX team. You’ll work closely with a distributed team of product managers, product & brand designers, engineers, and data scientists to design experiences that will importantly impact diners and restaurants around the world.
You’ll be a key design partner embedded in our Marketplace team, the team behind the crucial part of the dining journey where diners discover restaurants, Experiences, and all the content that OpenTable has to offer, making our product exciting and inspiring for new and returning customers.
You’ll work to create, evolve and develop new experiences for diners, while balancing the needs of our users, restaurants, and the business. You’ll be encouraged to authoritatively navigate the full range of a product designer’s work—from strategy and research to high-fidelity designs. On some days you’ll be rapidly sketching ideas and launching experiments as A/B tests, and others you’ll be designing a vision to set a project or team up for long-term success.
Learn more about how we work at opentable.design
- You enjoy influencing product strategy and translating complex workflows into sophisticated and accessible user experiences.
- You enjoy working through all stages of the design process, from capturing insights with user research and building and testing prototypes in front of real users to visual design and working collaboratively with product managers and engineers to deliver the experience.
- You have a deep expertise designing for native apps in iOS and Android as well as responsive web
- You have strong visual design skills and consistently build appealing, functional flows and interactions
- You are a critical thinker. When finding yourself in a debate, you can appreciate both sides of an issue while remaining kind and standing by your convictions.
- You continuously value introspection to improve yourself, your team, and your products.
- You are proactive and can conceive and complete a project independently while being open to feedback and mentor.
- You can communicate decisions with clarity and negotiate, prioritize, and break down design work into measurable outcomes.
- You have developed a large arsenal of tools and know when to use what to deliver the right level of fidelity for the design deliverables to get your thoughts across.
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your problem-solving skills and interaction design skills through a breadth of outstanding product design work across web and mobile platforms
What else would make you stand out?
- Experience working with and chipping in to design systems
- Comfortable interacting with data and generating hypotheses and insights, and can translate them into product opportunities
- Experience in the restaurant industry and/or a passion for food and dining
- Experience working on dual-market products
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience mentoring other designers
And if you aren’t sure you meet all the above requirements, we’d still love to hear from you.
- Paid Time Off - 20 days a year
- Birthday/celebration PTO - 1 day
- Annual company week off
- Flexible sick time off
- Paid volunteer time
- Maternity leave - 18 weeks
- Paternity leave - 10 weeks
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Group RRSP and DPSP
- Major Medical Insurance (dependent care options)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.